About The Riview …

J3Studio

… what an impressive magazine! Seriously, non-ROA members, if you are on the fence about signing up—the magazine is easily worth the price of membership.

I just received the May/June issue, and it's another good one. A great mix of informative articles, features on member's cars, and (of course) classifieds to get some of us in trouble. :)

I get a lot of automobile-related printed material, and this puts many larger organizations to shame. If I'm reading the masthead correctly, credit goes to Ray Knott, Bob Wannall, and Michelle Finney.

Edited by j3studio (see edit history)
  • Like 10

I am a member of several clubs and by far, the Riview is the best publication of them all.  It is great to see the evolution over the years, from humble beginnings to a world class publication.  Hats off to the leadership and all the members who have made this possible.

• Like 5

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Ray tagged me to this thread. Ray and the club members are 100% dedicated to this club and this magazine and I really enjoy working on each issue!

--Michelle Finney

(finneycreative.com)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, MFinney said:

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Ray tagged me to this thread. Ray and the club members are 100% dedicated to this club and this magazine and I really enjoy working on each issue!

Everything looks really good and well thought out. It's hard to do automotive magazines consistently well—I have had just enough experience with local newsletters to understand the challenges.

The Riview comes out consistently classy and handsome—just like the cars. I figured I should say something.

• Like 2

I am gratified to read these comments. Thanks!  Keep in mind the Riview is a collection of information provided by the members. Michelle Finney, our Graphic Designer  takes my rough material and gives it the professional appearance you see. Bob Wannall is our proof reader who applies his newspaper experience to get our thoughts and grammar correct. Looking to the future I need  your suggestions for articles, technical experience, reliable part sources and Member Showcases. Please email me with your thoughts and if interested in featuring your car  I will send you the guidelines. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ray_Knott said:

I am gratified to read these comments. Thanks!  Keep in mind the Riview is a collection of information provided by the members. Michelle Finney, our Graphic Designer  takes my rough material and gives it the professional appearance you see. Bob Wannall is our proof reader who applies his newspaper experience to get our thoughts and grammar correct.

The results speak for themselves.

I'm a newbie to the ROA. When I joined, I expected an interesting magazine, largely based on the knowledge I had seen in this forum. What I did not expect was that the Riview would be so well executed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

I`m considering joining....

Tom Mooney

Would you be interested in running for the library guy position??!!!

• 1 month later...

I keep the latest volume closer at hand so #35 has yet to be bound.

20190618_235130.thumb.jpg.ec7e268c1a1e98b2bc7c5e10992bc9a0.jpg

Each binder also includes the program from the ROA meet if I was able to attend that year.  For many years, late 80's through early 2000's, the Adjutant General for the State of Kansas thought my presence in uniform took priority over the ROA meet.  I have accused him of contacting Ray Knott to see when the ROA event was to take place so he could schedule summer camp for the same time period.  I was able to make the meets in '89 and '93. Must have had a change of command those years and word had not been passed down yet.Volumes 1, 2, and 3 all fit into one binder because for those first years, Ray sent out a few pages that he'd type up and staple together and call it the Riview. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

I keep the latest volume closer at hand so #35 has yet to be bound.

20190618_235130.thumb.jpg.ec7e268c1a1e98b2bc7c5e10992bc9a0.jpg

Each binder also includes the program from the ROA meet if I was able to attend that year.  For many years, late 80's through early 2000's, the Adjutant General for the State of Kansas thought my presence in uniform took priority over the ROA meet.  I have accused him of contacting Ray Knott to see when the ROA event was to take place so he could schedule summer camp for the same time period.  I was able to make the meets in '89 and '93. Must have had a change of command those years and word had not been passed down yet.Volumes 1, 2, and 3 all fit into one binder because for those first years, Ray sent out a few pages that he'd type up and staple together and call it the Riview. 

Dont think it was called The Riview at that point in time...pretty sure, when Ray asked for suggestions, Randy Hunter volunteered "The Riview" as the name of the newsletter,

Tom

• Like 2

I don't know why some of these pictures are portrait and some are landscaped, I didnt move and only turned pages. Oh well, here's what Volume 1, #1 of the "Riview" looks like.  It's been the Riview for so long, I forgot it wasn't alwayd called that.20190619_111504.thumb.jpg.95dc36f1d7a8479747e5b1dc72ec54a1.jpg20190619_111540.thumb.jpg.1a8702fdeb57261895552a0eb19dac7e.jpg20190619_111604.thumb.jpg.ad12503b59417d8e5e1a9da4fefdaae9.jpg

I have every hard copy of the ROA magazine starting from the 1st stapled sheets to the latest Riview.  An elderly gentleman gave me the all the sheets/magazines from the 1st through 2007.  I collected the rest through present.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DShip said:

I have every hard copy of the ROA magazine starting from the 1st stapled sheets to the latest Riview.  An elderly gentleman gave me the all the sheets/magazines from the 1st through 2007.  I collected the rest through present.

The Riv iew  , . . .  almost as good as " Collectible Automobile ", eh Dave ?

• Like 1