MAY 2019 BUGLE ARTICLES

JohnD1956

Congrats to Adam Martin @Smartin and Lamar Brown  @MrEarlon two great articles this month!  

Very enjoyable reading!  

And thanks for the shout out Mr Earl, but we both know that the hitch wasn't just sent.  It was a mutually beneficial transaction, for which I am still thankful, especially since it is being used, and I no longer have to lug that monstrosity around inside my shed! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pete’s been nudging me to write that since I had the transmission rebuilt.  When I finished the build on that 72 GSX this Winter, I wrote up an article on it for our chapter newsletter.  I was on a roll and decided to knock this one out too.  I remember when it was incredibly hard to write a 500 word essay in school...now I blink and end up with 1500 words without any effort at all 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found both articles to be classic Bugle articles, which is to say, they deal with the experiences of owning and enjoying Buicks.  I had only antecdotal information about the Flight Pitch, that it was a pain to own one.   It sounds like a properly maintained one would be a great transmission.  

I like that Lamar's wagon's color matches, more or less, the RV following it.  I love the 403, even though it's an Olds motor.  

13 hours ago, Smartin said:

Pete’s been nudging me to write that since I had the transmission rebuilt.  When I finished the build on that 72 GSX this Winter, I wrote up an article on it for our chapter newsletter.  I was on a roll and decided to knock this one out too.  I remember when it was incredibly hard to write a 500 word essay in school...now I blink and end up with 1500 words without any effort at all 😂

Like JohnD1956 said... it's all about the subject matter.  I did much more screwing around than studying in high school, but did quite well in college when I got to choose my subject matter.  These days I only study old Buicks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thanks JD, haven't received my copy yet but have had a few emails from folks who've read the article with some good tech info as I had asked for. It was fun to work with Cindy again doing the article. It started out at just one or two pages and she kept asking for more so I obliged. :D

I will be starting a thread seeking more help from folks here on readying Southern Belle for the haul. I installed new axles, wheels and tires and did a lot of utility and cosmetic type work to the Argosy and took her on her maiden voyage already so now I can concentrate on the wagon.

BTW I just said you sent me the hitch, didn't want to tell everybody you charged me an arm and a leg for it. LOL Just kiddin , it was a very fair deal and I'd probably still be looking for one had you not had the forethought to save it from your wagon.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2019 at 10:19 PM, Smartin said:

The Bugle is on line. GREAT article Adam, a very easy and enjoyable read. You should consider doing more!!!

• Like 1