alsfarms

Locomobile 4 Cylinder Gathering Place

I just received, from a gracious friend, a copy of the 1908 Locomobile Book.  If anyone needs information that would be in this book,  drop me a note.

Al

ACtC-3fpuI0qFolwJAfwmokGxPA3p0Ji67d0bHGOfsLMkTH4gi0zZKHoOc7LpJOJZ-VHF0xEf3AvDg0Na1jSDkTktKfitWuialpGis9LQROAd0IUteCb7j7zhApxIRs6-rO5zXTyrDYn5CsWN42rxc3ce0LB=w683-h910-no.jpg

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Posted (edited)

I will post a few pictures from the 1908 Locomobile book just to share with other enthusiasts here.  Here is the "E" Model touring car.  Stately for sure....

Al

ACtC-3fj_QdO3HWBIc4UWBg8uW6Rbwy407iPOKuUDjAMLKxXsFkY11DNC4jO5xhmPaL_sxtAhsLDgAJwcojBzEN6Esh_q2cqUWj9k7Bb-W_KJWg9fBXo_gFn1uvHPGGIbrkyLKQesxX3lo80DEZQZ2cZXkeR=w683-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
correct (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Here is another picture of a 1908 or 1907 Locomobile Model E Limousine.  I am not sure I would enjoy the side lights placed in the position these are, if I were the chauffeur.  Other than that...what a great automobile.

Al

ACtC-3fR6084wl4d5-lUNX-yqhkpLrdKpGtt5piSgY_wmyeoYrDVV_HLPnCDm_G_vrij7UcouOVA3k0zCwQi2n1AvT_4Svy9xLkRkTYdmNc5vtZ60sMqXDg56ahGyfdUziAoM_F13eylWjbhQhWniIpBUHWL=w1214-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Here is a picture of the big offering from Locomobile in 1908.  This image is of the Locomobile Model I touring car.  This automobile is certainly the stuff that dreams are made of!

Al

ACtC-3coWmOBMheTUCnYpy4Ep1Dft8au4k-CCdiQOPnHnT4XP0sTuBzccvxaTlXlEEZo8EF8mrOme5tnN5Uvc5cVODrrTMsH8MAb5g2MlwTe5PG3n649nBlsgCxXnq4cng9ze7771uPYt3T2jGgyO08prfbK=w1214-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
correction (see edit history)

I, for one, am amazed that the type E Loco was only rated at 20 Horsepower. The Ford model T, produced in late 1908, was rated at 22.5. If the ALAM method was employed for both motors, the Loco would be higher in h.p. than the Ford. Why would the Loco company under rate the horsepower so substantially? The point was to sell cars. If I could buy a model T for substantially less money and get more horsepower, with a similar wheelbase, why would I buy a Locomobile? Looks like Locomobile was very good at shooting themselves in the foot!

• Like 1

I would like to speak with a current owner of a Model E Locomobile and see what the performance is on this model.  HP is certainly a subjective matter, actually even in the modern world!

Al

Here is a picture of a Model E runabout.  I have never seen a car restored with this body style, Has anyone else?

Al

ACtC-3cXlQG_nGrqnnvGuTYG-nqY6IJIO26pNPyxjURbQNLfpoAmC1D3cjf6yAD5KBiBJL1dQOaLo3Jt2q23yZ4V6nZbRFwcx25ZN5nWm4vQfyt53_q_x1hZ4t6qnFGIxlwyfzlD2nTVDZbxDeRzywnkiEmw=w1214-h910-no.jpg

Here is a picture of a Model E Locomobile Landaulete,  I have seen a similar Locomobile body on a Model L Locomobile.  This is an impressive and formal design.

Al

ACtC-3dCqH5fAST8bAVjzC2rWgD0xonmUgQxaZSf7c6dKF3ElI8m8-RAnMw1BX-G0tNtjVaQgGHvCoovmaO4oWkM1QTdOtUna94zOUGbQElgb4TKwqvnglZ3rPWavOnhj1EucphnSkjju5JgdncBxZTOQEyF=w1214-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
correction (see edit history)