THE BEST OFFER EVER - ONLY TO AACA MEMBERS

Before the usual questions of whether this is a scam or in anyway there is a catch let me tell you there is not.  This is a project we have been working on with another group that has REAL firepower behind it and is the real deal.  Skeptics need not apply but those of you stuck on finding a part or can't afford to have one made here is your one opportunity to get what you need for free.  I cannot tell you what parts they will choose so there is NO more info than below.  Simply follow the instructions and if you are one of the 100 chosen they will contact you.  AACA is not benefitting right now in anyway other than being able to offer our members a deal that they cannot get anywhere else.  Steve 

Are you in the midst of a restoration? Do you need a part you just cannot find? Were you thinking of having one cast, machined, 3D printed or the like? Is the cost prohibitive? Could we talk you into getting this part for FREE? Yes, FREE, NO CHARGE, NO COST, NOTHING, NADA! No, you do not have to do anything illegal to get this deal! You only MUST be a paid up-to-date member of AACA. The rest is simple, you must be willing to honestly evaluate the part and report back.   little more to it but this essentially is the idea! 

If this intrigues you then apply now. There is a strict time limit to get this opportunity and only 100 members will be selected. We think it is one, if not the, most amazing offer to the car hobby in history, so please do not let it pass you by. 

If you are interested in participating please send an email to parts@aaca.org before May 1, 2019, to receive detailed program information. Please include AMP in the subject line and your email address in the message, AACA Membership Number and no more. You will be contacted later with further information. 

• Thanks 1

I cannot answer that, but I would guess a strong maybe as they have done a console I believe already.  The best I can say is that you have nothing to lose by not submitting your name.  Hmmm, finding factory style moldings for the mid 70's Oldsmobiles are impossible as well!  Maybe I should jump on this too!

• Like 1

Joe, as stated, I cannot tell you whether they will or not!  It seems like an easy deal for this process but all you can do is send the email as instructed above.  PLEASE, GUYS, i CANNOT TELL YOU YES OR NO ABOUT ANY SINGLE PROJECT.  YOU MUST SUBMIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.  IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT I GUARANTEE YOU THEY CANNOT HELP YOU!

You can buy a Cadillac bronze distributor for a very reasonable price.  Not worth the effort to make them again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

How about a 1930 Cadillac distributer upper body. Mine is pot metal and full of cracks

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

You can buy a Cadillac bronze distributor for a very reasonable price.  Not worth the effort to make them again.

Joe, Classic & Exotic had replacement parts for all the pot metal in my 1927 Cad distributor. Did a superb job rebuilding it. See what they have for your '30.   -   Carl 

• Like 1

I have bought four or five from C&E over the years, and sold my still useable pot metal units to others, thus my upgrade was less expensive than one would expect. They make very nice stuff...........great people to deal with. 

Mark, you can get a number within hours BUT this does not guarantee that you will be selected.  Not my call. If you want to re-up call Karen at 717-534-1910 and tell her you need your number right away.

Jeff, no this is not a part of any TV show.  This is a legitimate offer from folks with advanced technology that want to see how the parts industry will react to the quality and use of their product.  Initial results have been astounding in quality and price I am told. 

Keiser, the email is AACA's.  We are gathering the data for them.  parts@aaca.org not .com   Works for others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Based on the information in the first post, you are not even supposed to mention the part you want to reproduce. ONLY your email and AACA member number.

That was the admissions test for the program. Can you follow directions?

• Haha 2

Hi Steve, I was a member for several years. As others have also commented over the years the AACA has nearly a zero activity level in the Pacific North West.  So the membership fee was for all practical purposes the magazine subscription. My interests are Brass Era, British cars, vintage racing, in no particular order.  Relatively little coverage of those three areas in the AACA magazine. So for practicality I have remained a HCCA member and let my AACA membership slide. Being Canadian the subscription price is actually quite high so hard choices had to be made. In a perfect world I would have a budget for several memberships but definitely not an option after last years retirement.

• Like 1

My two cents........this technology is great, but still very complicated to use and not price friendly......YET. I deal with lots of shops and many different Marques and have looked into this four or five times in the past ten or twelve years.  Yes, things are getting much better and less expensive, but from the people who are manufacturing parts for the more obscure makes with little chance at additional sales and production, it still is out of reach for cars that are very expensive. Recently visited a body shop that had half the skin off a car and most of the Uni body showing. They were using a laser scanner to measure the car and compare it to factory specs. Yes.........they actually were using a frame machine and the scanner to square up the car. Very, very accurate.....which is what is necessary with today’s modern car construction. I think we are still ten years away from doing one off parts at what we would all call reasonable and affordable. But it will arrive soon...........also, there are people making very nice casting patterns and cores from home made 3D printers. Simple parts are now not too difficult to print out for a pattern. There are still hurdles for all of this stuff to work, as most of the machines in each process still can’t talk to each other causing a bunch of hassles. 

• Like 1

My good friend, I never said what technology this was.  I did say it was new and I did say it had the chance to be affordable.  Stay tuned.  THIS ONCE, I may know more than you about what might be available and soon!  Have faith brother!!  May 1 will be here before we know it and that will start the clock ticking. 

• Like 1

No worries Steve...........there are so many hybrid systems now.......even 3D printing metal for light  load applications. I have seen some very impressive results in casting and core box technologies.......very impressive on reproduction engine blocks. Things will get faster and easier as time moves forward.....looking forward to seeing what some lucky members get their problem solved. All day long I deal with these issues........with fewer suppliers, new people and methods are most welcome! My best, Ed.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Folks last chance!!!  This offer closes tomorrow.  We have over 325 takers already and counting but the odds are still very good.  Don't miss out...you must apply by May 1.  Thanks.  I am excited for those that get picked...what a great opportunity and hope that this helps you to complete your project or get your car on the road.

• Like 2