timing gear

airbrush

Try Bobs automobilia first. The original gears had a metal hub with fiber gears.  I don’t think there is a metal hub in Bobs so you have to really make sure that there is no binding on the camshaft or water pump shaft.  Possible age related but really check for causes before installing.  

• Like 1

we have shopped around but we have so few companies here (UK) that will do it they can charge what they want.  its with a small company just by me at the moment so he can see what he can do with it. We couldnt do it ourselves we dont have the equipment .

The good news is that the lower block is separate from the bearing section, so that saves on shipping.  Your cylinder section was also 2 years, so 1926 or 27 Standard will work, and possibly other years.  Frozen blocks appear to be a fairly common occurrence.  $1,200 pounds is about $1,550 USD.  There are likely cylinder sections that you can purchase for less than the repair and the shipping.  Perhaps you can get a dimension and weight and get a determination of what it would cost to ship one to the UK.  

996884573_Seattle7.thumb.jpg.e1254fd10afc4fb53abbbfe0e228a79f.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, McCargar said:

I have a '26 cylinder section in good shape that's surplus to my needs. it more than likely needs honing/boring and  shipping from Canada may be out to lunch.

Hi

do you have a price in mind for it and any idea the cost to ship to the UK please?