Restorer32

'39 12 with stuck clutch

Tried all the usual tricks to no avail. Not wanting to pull the tranny but apparently no choice. Advice?  Never worked on a '39 tranny. I assume we can remove it without pulling engine? Anyone been there and done that? 

Did you try starting it in gear and driving with rapid acceleration/deceleration - shifting into 2nd, and doing the same thing?

That worked for me on a car many years back

Also starting with one rear wjheel off the ground - rev, hit clutch and brake !

6 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

We tried all that plus some other tricks. No luck.

Time to do some dismantling.

Does the 12 transmission have the access plate/cover which can be removed from below? (That provided easy access on my 120.)

A 38 V12 has the inspection cover I know for sure. Have you tried getting somebody to hold the clutch pedal down and getting underneath with a hammer & a blunt object and try knocking it loose? Make sure to only make contact with the clutch disc and not the pressure plate.

Tried all that. The car is now on the lift with the clutch and flywheel removed. Having the clutch relined and already have the flywheel resurfaced. Thanks for all the advice.