Eleven vintage cars in photo — who can name the first ten?

Chris Bamford

Easter Paraders waiting on a stop light this afternoon during our local club's first driving event of the year.

I'll entertain guesses on #11 but I reckon it's too far gone to identify.

Edit: I discover when I click on the image it links to a higher-res version.  That's could be common knowledge to regulars but it's news to me.

EACC Easter Parade 2019.jpg

Edited by Chris Bamford (see edit history)

Well, that wasn't too difficult on the first 11 oldies, although I was expecting to see a stab at the years as well as the brands.

Mike, the way I count I see only 11 vintage cars — the Subaru was a modern that ended up in the cluster for a while.

Car #12 at the end was out with our club for the first time and is not another Ford as Rusty postulated... one doesn't see many of these 1929 Pontiac sedans, particularly as nicely done as this example. 

Owner believes it is original wood in the body frame except for some repairs in the rear roof area. Despite this, the body is tight. I opened the drivers door wide and pulled up and down gently — zero slop in the hinges and you could sense the body moving slightly on the other side. Very impressive.

1929 Pontiac.jpg

If my second post above doesn't make much sense, someone criticized me for not being able to count to 12 since I named more cars than asked to. For some reason they deleted their post this morning. However I am letting mine stand, I think it's funny.

As for years - 1923,  1951, 1930, 1956, 1929,1952, 1951, 1949, 2012, 1959, 1975, 1929.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rusty_OToole said:

If my second post above doesn't make much sense, someone criticized me for not being able to count to 12 since I named more cars than asked to. For some reason they deleted their post this morning. However I am letting mine stand, I think it's funny.

As for years - 1923,  1951, 1930, 1956, 1929,1952, 1951, 1949, 2012, 1959, 1975, 1929.

Better than I could have done without a roster, but... 1924 (front plate), 1953, 1928, 1956 yes, 1929 yes, 1951, 1951 yes, not sure, I dunno, 1976 1929 yes.