1930 Buick 40-series hub puller / thread dims

jps

Can somebody tell me the correct tpi thread size and overall diameter for a 1930 40-series hub?  Also, if someone has a cost-effective hub puller to sell, I may be interested.  I just need one to use twice - I know I could order a new custom-made one from George M. in Nebraska, but for this I would be happy with a more basic model.  There are various sizes available on e-bay but I don't know the correct dimensions.

Thank you.

John

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, jps said:

Can somebody tell me the correct tpi thread size and overall diameter for a 1930 40-series hub?  Also, if someone has a cost-effective hub puller to sell, I may be interested.  I just need one to use twice - I know I could order a new custom-made one from George M. in Nebraska, but for this I would be happy with a more basic model.  There are various sizes available on e-bay but I don't know the correct dimensions.

Thank you.

John

Did you ever find the correct answer to this, I'm looking as well. Thanks!

Yes.  I ended up buying a really nice one, which was a shame only because I just needed it for 2 wheels and  now I'll never need it again.  It adjusts between 2 7/8 to 3 inches diameter, and has 16 teeth per inch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jps said:

Yes.  I ended up buying a really nice one, which was a shame only because I just needed it for 2 wheels and  now I'll never need it again.  It adjusts between 2 7/8 to 3 inches diameter, and has 16 teeth per inch.

Thanks for the info!

In my case, I needed to pull the hub off of a spare rear-end assy to get the axle shaft out and use it to replace one of mine that broke.  Fortunately I found a 1930 40-series assy that has the same axle shafts as does my 20-series 1929.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...