1932 Hupmobile coupe I-226 vin-I501

Connell

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I know the grill shell isn’t  the right year too. But it is a hup grill shell still

3 hours ago, Tinindian said:

Bottom left of your page when starting a new topic or replying to a post.

• Drag files here to attach, or choose files...
    Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 9.77MB

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Connell said:

Ok thank you. Are they purists or will they be ok with my car? I don’t want to upset anyone. And, other than changing the small block to a big block , this is how I got it. 

Modified cars are always tough to value.   The guys here don't have any interest and hot rod guys are purists for mostly Ford.   If you want to sell it,  my advice is to your best ad together and put it on ebay.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

Well here are some production  figures on the  Hupp Model I  A totol of  664  cars were produced in 4 different body  styles.  4dr  sedan, 2dr Victoria,cabriolet roadster and  coupe. I  do not  have  any figures that  tells  how  many of  each  body styles  were  produced.  The model I  had  a 126 in.  wheel base.  The  model F  had  a 122 in. wheel  base.  The  Model I  had  a  larger  engine  110 hp while  the  F  had  106 hp.  The  body on  your  car  looks  like it  does  not  have  a lot of  rust  through, that's  good.  I  sure  hope  you  have  the  trunk cover If  you  do not,  you  will find  it very  hard to  come  by.    I  love stock Hupps, I  do  have  some  great  friends in the  Hupp club with modified cars, Some you look at  them and can  not  tell it  from   stock   Others , you  can  see they  are  not.  It  would be  a dull if  we all liked  the  exact things. You  have  a Hupmobile  model  that a true Hupp  guy  would love  to  have,  Enjoy  it.   When I  get  my other computer.on  line, I  will post  some  pic. 

Thanks. I do have the trunk lid and it’s installed now. I had new glass installed front and rear yesterday. There is absolutely no rust on it. The brown is the body color coming through the paint. I had it clear coated so it would preserve what’s left

Here are Pic of the  4  body  styles, Note  that  these  are  pic of the  1932 Model F which is  a 122in.  wheel base.  Yours being a 126in.  wheel base. Not many  differences in the  cars. I  do  have  a model I brochure but it is out of  my  hands  at  this time   The  last pic on the  right is  your  car  style. Raymond  Loewy  who designed 1932,33 and 34 cycle fender  cars. The  front fender wrapped tight around the  front  fender   He  also designed the  Aerodynamic Hupps  1934-1938.

DSC03890.JPG

DSC03887.JPG

DSC03889.JPG

DSC03888.JPG

• 1 year later...