Dodge DA6 piston size

stakeside

Checking to rebuild my DA6. Bore is 3 3/8”. What is the standard piston diameter for that engine? The only mark on top of pistons is the word “Front”. I see no mark of oversized piston.

What is an example oversized piston rebuilds? Egge Parts list only 0.030” piston option.

Chilton GL-46:

33/8" bore; 3 ring grooves @  0.125" + 1 @ 5/32"; piston 315/16" long; pin centre to top 25/16"; distance between bosses (inside piston at pin) 117/32" ; no set screw hole; pin diameter 0.859".

Used in 18 models, including Dodge Brothers, Durant, Peerless, Graham-Paige, Graham, Jordan between 1927 and 1933.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Does the DA6 have sleeved cylinders? The attached photo is of a DA6 that is in my scape heap bone pile. When I was removing pistons I found this thin rust scale and crack. It appears to be a sleeve. If there are sleeves can they be replaced?

DCBA667F-37C1-4AEE-B222-166D8BAA37B5.thumb.jpeg.2da84883c2af3732b66ecc2916f8ea2a.jpeg

Any cylinder could be sleeved, for various reasons and any sleeve can be removed and replaced.  Many early GMC truck engines had wet sleeves and these were routinely replaced when they wore out.