phoemsen

65 Gran Sport on BaT - Location: Torrance, California

25 minutes ago, bodayguy said:

Plus 5% commission. I think that's a strong price. I figured it would only get to $60k or so.

There's a 63 on there right now that I'm even more curious about. It has chrome wheels and lacks some details, but if it ends above $22k or so, I'd say that's a great sign for the Riv market.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-buick-riviera-2/

Another one of those rare 2 speed transmission Rivieras. Will the flippers never learn?  Would definitely raise a red flag for me.

37 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Another one of those rare 2 speed transmission Rivieras. Will the flippers never learn?  Would definitely raise a red flag for me.

Bring a Trailer themselves often write the car descriptions with a little help from the seller. Errors are common.

1 hour ago, bodayguy said:

Plus 5% commission. I think that's a strong price. I figured it would only get to $60k or so.

There's a 63 on there right now that I'm even more curious about. It has chrome wheels and lacks some details, but if it ends above $22k or so, I'd say that's a great sign for the Riv market.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-buick-riviera-2/

If you take a close look at the 63, you will see that all the lower stainless trim has been removed and the mounting holes have been filled in.  Wheel well moldings have been removed as well.  Not a bad looking ride but I would prefer the car with all the moldings in place.

4 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

It just sold for $78K.

Almost exactly at Hagerty's #2/Excellent money.

Seller had it for $79999 on website. Bidding got furious late.  I like the additional time added after each bid and minimum increment is $250 I think, but many far exceed that.

• Thanks 1

Whoa that 63 on Bring a Trailer sold for $32,500. That is a great price for an incomplete car (in my opinion). Certainly helps the Riv market!!