Saw this 1957 Ford retractable again....

keiser31

16 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Jack and Doug stopped by to pick up Victorialynn's 1957 Ford retractable hardtop today. That Jack is one hard working dude!

He is and a hell of a friend! Thank you to all three of you for helping a lady out! So glad she started right up for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What a beautiful car. I hope this wasn't a sale and transfer of ownership. But if it was, it looks like it went to some good new owners.

This is my father’s car. He’s had it since the 90’s at least. Thank you for the compliment. It’s the only car of his I’ve kept. 

I moved and Jack is hauling it for me. (2nd time he’s moved this for me. He also hauled it when I moved down there (Medford), last year. I’ve come back home to the Portland area to be closer to my father.)

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

I just got to thinking.

My pick up (tow rig) that I have had since new will be an antique next year,

I am not afraid to run some miles on my antiques, but I do have a few that I wouldn't try to put this many miles on in a day.

My Google tells me that its about 260 miles each way yesterday, (plus a couple of short side trips), And we did take a bit longer route back jumping off of I-5 at Corvallis and running up 99W to Mac.

I didn't look at the ODO other than to realize that it turned over 145K. Pretty much all towing miles. And I always keep it garaged.

I guess what I am saying is that its just a well kept used truck.

• Like 2