4 barrel on a 2 barrel

Ok I know it's not ideal from a performance stand point but will it run smoothly etc... I've about had it with this Holley 2 barrel and thinking about getting a new edelbrock and running one of those adapters until I can get an actual 4 barrel intake.

The original 2 barrel was only about 250 cfm.  You will not get the velocity on a larger carb to give good driveability  in city driving (probably runs like a scalded dog at WOT).  The original 4 barrel (wcfb or 4gc) was only about 450 cfm with the primaries about half of that.  If you go with the edelbrock 4 barrel, go small.

• Thanks 1

Bernie - Guessing that he is running the Holley 2300 through an adapter also, which would make it run worse than the original two-barrel. Even though rated 350 CFM, the effective CFM through the adapter would be less than the original.

Jon.

• Like 1

I am referring to the Holley 2300 series... Not sure why it would flow worse I was actually using a nice adapter that matched the ports on the original intake and gently enlarged to the Holley.. But anyhow.. Got an edelbrock avs2 650 carb.. Right now running an adapter to that other adapter so obviously not the best set up but it's actually running pretty well.. It'll by me time until I can get a 4bbl intake