bomarkham

1924 Studebaker Light Six

I have a 1924 Studebaker Light Six.  I need the starter motor drive gear (bendix).  It has 11 teeth.

Thanks, Bo

Hollanders info:

//

Starter   S462  and S533   use same drive gear.  #46217

Stude 1924 for cars , EM,  Lt 6, if W 25-26 Std 6.

//////

I thought the 24 Light Six used either Wagner or Remy electrical equipment. Did they use the same starter drive?

Posted (edited)

You are looking for a bendix drive complete studebaker part number 44348. It fits a remy starter  720-m,720-c,723-a, and Wagner s-533, and s-462. According to the studebaker part catalog book 4 23-24-25

Edited by STUDE48 (see edit history)

Studebaker used the same Bendix part #R11X from 1920 to 1929 regardless of using a Wagner or a Remy starter. Starting in 1930 they used R11XV which used a larger counterweight for better cold weather starting. 

Are you still looking for 1924 Studebaker Bendix? I have a 1923 Studebaker light 6 starter with a damaged brush end cap and damaged nose cone. But the Bendix looks good. It has 11 teeth.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, Gregory Graham said:

Are you still looking for 1924 Studebaker Bendix? I have a 1923 Studebaker light 6 starter with a damaged brush end cap and damaged nose cone. But the Bendix looks good. It has 11 teeth.

Greg,

If your Studebaker starter is a Remy 720, I would be very interested in it. Certain kissel models used Remy 720 starters as well.

Please message or call me at 313-510-8463.

Ron Hausmann P.E.