Brake opinions...

TampaRiv

There's a reason White Post Restorations voids the warranty IF you use silicone fluid.  One, it's true silicone will soften some of the lessor costly rubber parts.  I don't know the quality of the rubber components White Post uses, BUT they give a lifetime warranty IF they rebuild those components & sleeving with brass..  They are just trying to cover what they sit on in there defense. As good as it may be, IE won't absorb moisture from the air, won't harm the paint if spilled, has a higher boiling point than Dot 3 or 4 fluid, BUT it's hard to get all the air out when you have to use hand bleeding of the system as it has a tendency to foam & cause air bubbles that is hard to bleed out. It will have to sit for 8-12 hours BEFORE trying to bleed again.  I use a brake pressure bleeder that is a dedicated bleeder I ONLY use for Dot 5.

Problem I've noticed is that silicone will leak over time (without showing ANY signs of leakage) even if there are no leaks so you have to keep an eye on the fluid level even when the hydraulic system has had parts sleeved with brass or a stainless steel lining.

Maybe others haven't had this problem.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Tom T.

I never bought into the silicone brake fluid. I believe in flushing the mineral oil fluid every two years. You should never have rust issues or pitting following the regimen. And it also forces you to service the system periodically. Yes, I service things that aren't broken and give thorough inspections on a regular basis.

I have been using Castrol LMA fluid for well over 20 years. And I prefer the 12 oz. bottles so it doesn't sit around after opening the seal.

Bernie