Crazyfamily

Ribbed for her pleasure!

Ok so that’s got your attention 😂😂

But it is on topic, ok so I “had” a ribbed/grooves rubber floor in the front of my 27/27 and I had it rolled nicely all winter and when I picked it up to install it back into the car it split right down the middle!

Whats a good source to order some replacement?  Does anyone carry this type of rubber floor at local hardwood stores?  Seems pretty basic and trim to fit!

Also does anyone have a source for BLACK felt (1/4 inch would be nice) to install around the foot peddles (Go, Stop, Pause 😂)  to keep the weather out?

And a third question, will a SW Vacuum Pump (Fuel) prime it’s self and pull fuel if empty?  I installed the pump and didn’t fill the tank before putting the pot metal top on the tank.  The brass plug on top to fill it, I am kinda afraid to try to remove it for fear of cracking the pot metal top.

Thanks Gents!!

67D9CA60-E7C9-4ACC-B2E7-856D642D4093.jpeg

FE074856-FD77-49F2-B59C-8C2A0683CEC4.jpeg

• Haha 2

I don't know how corroded your pot metal top is, but my brass plug came out easily, no problem. I have a tiny whisky flask funnel I got with a bottle of Jagermeister, I pour gasoline in the brass plug hole with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazyfamily said:

and

You had me a Jager! 😳😜😝🤪😂

im a bit nervous about trying to remove the brass plug in the top, it’s a tad rounded off and it doesn’t look so clean around it so it just makes me nervous, my luck the pot metal would go “Snap!!”.

wonder if the car will fill it as it turns over??

1 hour ago, Crazyfamily said:

it doesn’t look so clean around it so it just makes me nervous, my luck the pot metal would go “Snap!!”.

You can clean that crud off first with a wire brush, maybe even soak it with vinegar on a rag. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfamily said:

wonder if the car will fill it as it turns over??

Not a chance. You need to fill it. Get a Jager funnel, they are cool to have anyway for filling the flask.

• Like 1

Use a box end wrench on the big nut that holds the banjo fitting.  That will prevent it from turning and you will not damage the pot metal.  Then use a wrench or Vise grips on the plug.  You should be able to remove it easily.  If you used vise grips, then the plug is rounded and you should replace the plug.  Then enjoy your Jagermister.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:

I don't know how corroded your pot metal top is, but my brass plug came out easily, no problem. I have a tiny whisky flask funnel I got with a bottle of Jagermeister, I pour gasoline in the brass plug hole with that.

97BC1C19-47C8-49DB-BC1B-A26325D5306E.jpeg

Take one of the lines off going into the tank  rig a fitting and funnel and fill the tank that way.  Unless you drive the car very frequently ,you are going to want a method to fill the tank.  Restoration Specialty supply has felt in various thickness and and density. 

Bob Engle

• Like 1

"Every picture tells a story, don't it"

-Turner

DSCN2529.JPG

• Like 1

First I took the front of the fuel line off, then I put the whole banjo in my mouth (it fits) and blew real hard. I had a white bucket hanging from the rear end of the fuel line to collect whatever came out.

Got a few thimblefulls of green, smelly gasoline and a lot of black specks, in the bucket.

DSCN2528.JPG

• Like 1

Then I stuck the straw of a can of WD 40 into the fuel line and put a few ounces in. Stuck the banjo in my mouth again and blew more crud out. Repeated 3 more times until crud stopped coming out.

Then I wired and soldered a piece of fine screen on the end of the fuel pickup. I blew that out with my mouth too, lots of crud came out.

DSCN2532.JPG

DSCN2531.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:

Then I stuck the straw of a can of WD 40 into the fuel line and put a few ounces in. Stuck the banjo in my mouth again and blew more crud out. Repeated 3 more times until crud stopped coming out.

Then I wired and soldered a piece of fine screen on the end of the fuel pickup. I blew that out with my mouth too, lots of crud came out.

DSCN2532.JPG

DSCN2531.JPG

Interesting Morgan, my car had this primitive filter on the fuel pickup....your car didn’t?

E82FAC74-5DC8-4917-BD2D-20A7C5AB416F.jpeg

030B1F63-5845-4286-A69E-1CB3881FEBC1.jpeg

Floor mat. I got mine from a store that sells cleaning supplies etc to industrial users. They had difference widths and sold it by the foot.

• Like 1

Stair treads and hall runners -

ued it many years ago on a '27 Chevy roadster, but looked similar to original

• Like 1

I've also used Cal Rubber.  They have ribbed mat material that very closely resembles the original.  Order by the foot and cut to your needs.

As for the felt, go to McMaster Carr.  The have various thicknesses and sell by the foot.

David

• Like 1

Your local fabric shop most likely has felt in various thicknesses and density.  I got 1 foot squares and have used it for felt seals and felt pieces between body  and frame on my 32 buick.

Bob Engle

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DonMicheletti said:

I got my rear floor mat and trunk rubber from Cal Rubber in Santa Anna, CA. This is what i used:

http://www.rubbercal.com/rubber-mat/floor-protector-mats/corrugated-composite-rib-rubber-runner-mats.html.

They also have the simple ribbed rubber floor mat too

Same vendor and product I used.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, Morgan Wright said:

I was able to get the center plug out of the top of the vacuum pump tank and I had a small plastic funnel that fit in it perfectly that came w my steam cleaner machine.

• Like 1