Please help me identify this truck cowl and doors

I recently purchased this truck cowl and doors.  Was told it was 24-25 Graham Brothers, but when I looked online at photos of that year of Graham Brothers trucks the photos of the dash show a raised area around the instruments on dash center.  This cowl dash does not have the raised area.  Besides, the gauges on the Graham Brothers are scattered across the dash where the one I have they are centralized in a large opening.  Doors have a distinctive body line and I have tried to show that in the photos.  Thanks for any assistance anyone could offer.  Jay

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

On 4/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, one hammer head said:

I recently purchased this truck cowl and doors.  Was told it was 24-25 Graham Brothers, but when I looked online at photos of that year of Graham Brothers trucks the photos of the dash show a raised area around the instruments on dash center.  This cowl dash does not have the raised area.  Besides, the gauges on the Graham Brothers are scattered across the dash where the one I have they are centralized in a large opening.  Doors have a distinctive body line and I have tried to show that in the photos.  Thanks for any assistance anyone could offer.  Jay

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

Series “E” truck. Either a Dodge Bros or Graham Bros.

Here is my 29 Dodge Bros 3/4 ton “E” series.

Raised belt line on the cowl is most obvious feature. If no belt line it would be a “D” series. 

WHERE IS THE REST OF IT?

460A1197-17AD-4B7C-A2B5-5C2058E2A215.thumb.jpeg.8984896856697b6d681982c9999e5828.jpeg

EB59873F-E00A-48E3-8419-4378571535DC.thumb.jpeg.892761d9cc9583e123e21b9f314467d7.jpeg

Value ?????? Try eBay to test prices.

If I was looking for these parts and they were in good condition with no cancer I would consider paying $500 . Not many people restoring these “E” series trucks. Not like Model A’s you have a small market. 

• Like 1

Why aren't these as desirable as the other series trucks you mentioned?  As for the condition, it is in surprisingly good shape.  I couldn't believe how solid the mounting points are where it attaches to the frame.  If that was a Model A Ford cowl those attaching points would be totally eat up with rust.

Jay

On 4/19/2019 at 7:44 PM, one hammer head said:

I understand the supply and demand idea - just thought maybe they produced a gazillion of them, or that there was something very wrong with them compared to the other series.  Curiosity working overtime I guess.

Without getting into a debate about Ford/Chevy/Dodge ..

Nothing wrong with them compared to the series mentioned.... it's just a personal preference.

Ford made millions because of the price point and the introduction of assembly lines.  

Therefore, cheap has always been desirable out of necessity to most households for generations...

Does that mean Ford were made any better ? Definitely not..

Many on here will disagree with that emphatically for several reasons- for both the early trucks and even the current Ram models.

Was the Ford body style more desirable to most consumers ?

It was then and still is, hence they had more of a following and those body styles still hold their value today because it's easy to find parts for and most guys still like the looks of the body style. But again, that doesn't mean it's any better than Graham or Dodge.

Ford produced millions of cars and trucks in or around 1928/29

Graham or Dodge Brothers would have produced less than 80,000 trucks in model years for 1928 or 1929 

Graham and Dodge are much more rare than Ford but not as desirable (unfortunately). 

Due to the rarity does that mean the Graham or Dodge Brothers lineup will become more valuable in the future ? Doubt it, but who knows... only time will tell.

Graham and Dodge were a better made truck than Ford though as you are experiencing...

Since they are so rare and parts are so hard to find though, the market for them is low demand because most guys don't want to put in the time and effort to finding parts. Most guys (especially in the instant internet age) just want to be able to order offline or from a catalog for that instant gratification. 

As for price, I agree with Stakeside

Fair Value = $200-$500 max