1950 buick sedanette on spokane CL $9485 not mine

pipedream

Exactly lance ... guesstimate 1 full Saturday and possibly part of a Sunday ... put on stock hubcaps and do a number on the existing chrome bright work and it would look like a different car entirely.  Looks like it sat and sat inside somewhere for a good stretch.  That haze on the passenger's side is most likely the lacquer that has sweated and powdered.  Cut and polish.  Forgot to grab the price and the seller's phone or email.

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

Posting has expired only because CL is now charging $5 for ads and cancelled all free ads a couple of days ago.   I assume all of the available photos were added. Question: How did the Super differ from the Special in this body style if at all?  Both I believe had the same wheelbase, same engine. I guess it was trim. clothe selection inside.  Am I missing something?

There may be other differences but the Super had a 263 CU In engine while the Special had a 248.  And the Super has a one piece windshield while the Special has the two piece unit. Also this chrome trim seems to indicate an early car?  Or a lower model trim level?  

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

There may be other differences but the Super had a 263 CU In engine while the Special had a 248.  And the Super has a one piece windshield while the Special has the two piece unit. Also this chrome trim seems to indicate an early car?  Or a lower model trim level?  

I think JohnD is pretty close.  The shop manual shows only one model in the Super,  56S , 2 door 6 passenger Jetback Sedanet.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

I think JohnD is pretty close.  The shop manual shows only one model in the Super,  56S , 2 door 6 passenger Jetback Sedanet.

Ben

Over the years I have noticed a couple of subtle differences. Wheels for instance are 15" X  6.50"L ( same as 70 Series ) while 40 Series are 15" X 6.00"L.

Workshop manual lists the overall width at widest point as 80" ( again same as the 70 Series ) while the 40 Series is only 79.4".

Production listed as only 10,697.

And here's a link to show just how usable this model Buick is

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/194624-australian-buick-national-meet-and-tour/?tab=comments#comment-987150

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 1