Doe anyone know of a qualified technician who properly rebuilds clam shell headlight motors? 

Thnx, 

Oarsman

Check with David Jackson on the 1963-1999 Riviera group on Facebook. He sells a new headlight motor kit for 65 Rivs.

Another Riviera dealer in the same FB group is Rupert Carollo. He recently started selling a 65 headlight motor kit. He also sells wood veneer kits for center consoles and manufactures reproduction Riviera owner name plaques.

That's one of Larry Daisey's specialties.  I think his website is www.rivparts.com. Theres also a video of him discussing 65 headlight motors on YouTube.   Check him out; his profession is Rivieras.

Oarsman,

Steve Lorenzen offers a rebuilt motor with exchange of your old core for what I think is a very reasonable price. He is a member of the ROA but also sells the motors through Ebay. Here is a link to his auction. I would suggest you call the number listed and speak to him personally for a price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-BUICK-RIVIERA-GS-CLAMSHELL-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-MOTOR/233195578514?epid=654482175&hash=item364b8a2492:g:gy0AAOSwmLlX8HDn&frcectupt=true

Tom Mooney

• Like 2

I bought from Steve Lorenzen years ago. I had no core to begin with & he still sold me a rebuilt motor. I was so happy. But it sat on my shelf for years. When I finally got to the point on my build to install the motor it no longer worked. I called Steve & without hesitation he asked me to ship it to him. He went thru it, fixed it, shipped it back & it was in my hands within a week. He wouldn’t even let me pay for shipping…

Stand up guy…where do u find this type of service nowadays…in this Rivi community that’s where

• Like 5

I put one of Steve's motors on my Riviera five years ago and it still works great.

• Like 1

I recently had Steve Lorenzen rebuild my 64 Riviera power seat motors and the cost was again more than fair and the quality of the work exceptional ! Steve has restored Four Note Horns and a Guidematic for me with the same results. Steve couldn't be more helpful and is great source of knowledge on any thing Riviera.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DiskHarv said:

I recently had Steve Lorenzen rebuild my 64 Riviera power seat motors

I wasn’t gonna go off topic…but since u started haha

I also sent my power seat motor, power seat transmission, half of my power seat base that hold the gears & all four of my power window motors to Steve. LOVE his work AND he’s a super nice guy

I wish I had more to sent him haha 

• Like 1