1929 Dodge throttle linkage

I thought I had a photo of this on my 1929 Dodge Pinterest board. Anyway, I wonder if someone has a photo of their '29 Dodge DA throttle linkage where it attaches to the water jacket. I thought I had mine correct, but it binds up and now doesn't work at all. I think I have all the correct pieces, but at that connection I may have them together incorrectly. Thanks.

4 hours ago, ILIKECARS53 said:

Hi Dave,  The pics will help me also, will be putting a DA coupe back together in the near future. Going to be my retirement project.  But i have a question, where did you purchase the oil filter?

Thanks in advance,  Jim

Jim, I put a Purolator on my DA that looks pretty much like the original "grapefruit juice can" style.....I got it on eBay w/ 2 replaceable filter inserts. You might talk to Tom or Cindy Myers at Myers Early Dodge as they have a filter and inserts that work on Victory 6, Standard 6 and some Senior 6s.....not sure why it wouldn't work or could be adapted for a DA. Attached is a photo of what a guy in Florida did for his DA. He cut a canister that looks original hiding the seam w/ the bracket. He has a replaceable, modern unit inside.....he had posted how he had done this about a decade ago, but the story doesn't show up on this board anymore. Hope this info helps. BTW, you might start another thread for your oil filter as you'd get more help that way than under my throttle linkage thread. Good luck.

e363da95f19ac041f21e4d2709765d0a.jpg

I have seen a few of these modern oil filter adaptations. I haven't heard of any of them using a BYPASS filter element as they should, though. I hope someone corrects me. The bypass filter generally is a much finer filter than a full flow filter. The number in my head is 1 micron compared to 20 micron for the full flow.

On the Senior the fitting in the block that is the inlet line to the filter is a restricted fitting The original material in the filter looked like felt inside a perforated metal cage I have made a modification to mine and use a more modern filter cartridge