1947 Buick 4 door - how impressive!!

Hans1965

Hi there,

for you guys it might be a daily experience, but for me it was not! 

Yesterday I saw my first 1947 Buick 4 door sedan. 

We visited the Techno Classica in Essen, one of the big car shows in Germany with cars from 500 Eur to a few millions. Dozens of Mercedes 300 SL gull wings, at least 100 190SL's of the 50s, Jag E types everywhere and of course 100s of vintage Porsche's and other Mercedes, already seen a hundred times, wonderful, no doubt, but out of reach anyway and often totally overrestored. 

The highlight for me stood on the parking lot outside - a 1947 Buick 4 door sedan. We arrived at 9 am on Sunday and it stood on the reserved parking lot for visitors with their classic cars. No other car close to it, I had a chance to watch it from literally all angles and it took really my breath away. Dark green, far away from being a show car, but nice overall. What a beautifully designed car, pure elegance with its flowing lines and sheer size. So tasteful and impressive the interior with its fantastic gauges, radio console and steering wheel. During the show I told my wife at least 10 times the best thing here is the Buick (of course 2nd best after her). But I did not even take any photo!!!!!! Need to have one..... 

Best, Hans

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hans1965 said:

During the show I told my wife at least 10 times the best thing here is the Buick (of course 2nd best after her).

Good catch!  lol... and 47 's are beautiful Buicks!  Best GM dashboards in my humble opinion! 

• Like 1

There is always one car that just sits there and makes a statement all on its own that blows the others away.

You can't force it to happen. It just does it. I always like those cars.

For the past week a copy of Goodguys magazine has been sitting next to my easy chair. There is a black 1956 Chevy on the cover that does all the things that Buick did. Saturday morning I met a friend for breakfast who knows the car. We talked about what it takes to make a car present that way. I think it is a cosmic alignment.

Bernie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1