Cokekid

Intalling 8EL Oil Pump.?

I am trying to install this pump and I understand you have to drill and tap a new mounting hole in the block, I was wondering does anyone ever done this.?  If so do you have photos to show were you mounted the pump.

Gerry

Most often recommended is a Melling M-15 high capacity pump.  Bolts right on but needs an aftermarket pick up tube.

Abe

Abe

I have a Melling M-19 Pump and have read two articles that state I need to drill and tap the block. As you stated I also  have to make a pickup tube and screen.

I really would like any photos showing how someone has done this. I am sure when I take the block in to be done there going to ask me were they should be drilling.

I deicide to phone one of our Parts  Vendors namely Earle O Brown to get his opinion on this subject.  Earle said the pump can just be bolted on and the pan needs to be adjusted for the pump screen, Abe had also suggested this and another member Beltfed had posted on how he had made this adjustment to the pan.

Thanks Guys