victorialynn2

Dusting off the cobwebs yet?

round here Pollen is in FULL BLOOM !! anything and everything outside for more than 5 minutes is COVERED in Yellow Green DUST !!

then it rains and washes it all into the lakes and rivers, and starts all over again.  vicious cycle.

figure eventually it will get warm and stay warm and the pollen will stop. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 12:13 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

We've had a normal year, meaning close to the

average winter and spring.  Naturally, weather varies

and everyone likes to talk about it.

I'm looking forward to more beautiful calendar-like photos

from our members here, showing Victoria's spring ideas---

The weather in the Portland, Or area is typical this year also. Rainy almost everyday. 

Our buddy Jack is working on getting the ‘57 back up to my home for me. Hopefully the rain will relent and I can take it for a spin and get some pics of it with some pretty blooms. It sure would cheer me up. All the life changes I’ve made in the last few years are taking a toll. 

I am not used to this rain anymore, having spent most of the last 5 years in TX and Southern Oregon. However, there is no better place in the country, IMHO, then the Willamette Valley from about mid-June through September. I am so looking forward to nicer weather, which is why I asked for some cheerful spring photos. Thanks to all who posted and will post when they can. I appreciate it. 💕🌸🌺🌷

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, Xander Wildeisen said:

What ever it is called, it made for a nice spot to stage pictures.

1930 Packard 740 roadster 217.JPG

That’s a beauty! (The car and the landscape too).  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nick8086 said:

victorialynn2 - I wish you a Happy Easter..

Jake..

IMG_5003.JPG

You too Jake!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 1:53 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

packard going away 009.JPG

packard going away 032.JPG

Wow Xander, thanks for all the georgeous pics of all your cars. Really nice, all of them. This is another fav. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

I am in Texas and as you know down here we are fortunate the cobwebs never form unless you want them to. I drive both of my hobby cars at least weekly year round if its dry and the only things that force storage are repairs or too many cars on hand! 

DSCF2959.JPG

Love both of the cars and I love Tx weather most of the time. If dad’s place wasn’t so far out, I would have moved there. Beautiful area for a second home though.

What part of Tx are you in? Stay safe with all the tornado, hail and crazy weather warnings. That was another thing, dad has a manufactured home and no shelters around. He had a backhoe, he could have built a storm shelter. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

Wow Xander, thanks for all the georgeous pics of all your cars. Really nice, all of them. This is another fav. 

All cars from the past. I have a lot of nice pictures of them.  Hard to take a bad picture of a 30/33 Packard Roadster

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

All cars from the past. I have a lot of nice pictures of them.  Hard to take a bad picture of a 30/33 Packard Roadster

You are probably right,  but leave it up to someone selling one on craigslist to give it a good try. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Love both of the cars and I love Tx weather most of the time. If dad’s place wasn’t so far out, I would have moved there. Beautiful area for a second home though.

What part of Tx are you in? Stay safe with all the tornado, hail and crazy weather warnings. That was another thing, dad has a manufactured home and no shelters around. He had a backhoe, he could have built a storm shelter. 🤦‍♀️

I'm in north Texas about 30 miles north of Dallas. We are in the bad springtime right now and have already had one hail incident, glad I have a garage!

• Like 1

Just had the '25 Buick out for it's first run of 2019, sporting it's new correct stirrup door handles, flip up dogbone rad cap and accessory front bumper. Katching !

Jim

IMG_1212.JPG

• Like 6

I got the 1929 Studebaker President out of the garage today with the intention of taking it for a drive in the Sacramento River delta.  While giving the old girl a spring cleaning before the drive I discovered a broken wheel spoke.   I canceled the drive and disappointed my 84 year old mother, my brother, and daughter who where looking forward to the drive.   My daughter is also excited about learning how to drive the Studebaker.  She is 33 and grew up in the back seat of a 1929 Studebaker.   

E322EEBC-C953-4F05-9AC3-79090BF4F529.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Took the Jeepster for a ride today.

2019-03-22 48 Jeepster 005.JPG

2019-03-22 48 Jeepster 018.JPG

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Nothing out for me yet. One daughter getting married on May 4th, the other daughter on June 1st. Just writing checks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As i just got the Doctors OK to start really walking again I hope to get started as soon as the weather cooperates. Maybe by the end of April if anything goes right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

Took the Jeepster for a ride today.

2019-03-22 48 Jeepster 005.JPG

2019-03-22 48 Jeepster 018.JPG

It’s so nice to see dad’s car together after all these years. ;) Great job Jack!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Yes, that is sure a nice car!

It was in a lot of pieces before Jack got it. 

Just now, victorialynn2 said:

It was in a lot of pieces before Jack got it. 

Isn’t great to see it together and running!  I like the color scheme, different than all the yellow ones out there.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 11:46 PM, ted sweet said:

and rain all week and next weekend

And so it goes in the not so great north east.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I had a nice visit with my dad today. He always enjoys seeing Patsy Cline, as he is a huge animal lover, especially dogs.

He asked me who I was and I told him. Then he said, “If you have any problems, just call me. I’m not saying I can solve them all, but I will try”. 💕 (I had been trying not to cry and wiping away tears, while trying to hide it from him. I get very emotional with each visit, no matter how hard I try not to. I’m actually pretty emotional all the time these days.)

I completely forgot to show him the pics of the Jeepster, but I will next time. I have to be careful about sharing pics from the past, or reminding him of the past. It sometimes confuses him and brings out behavior issues, which complicates his care. This disease has taken a lot from him, and he’s not really there anymore, but it hasn’t taken his heart. 

I know some of you have followed my story for years and thought you might like to see a pic of him. 

27B247AC-481A-42D7-84B6-B8FD7556AAA2.jpeg

F9148D4D-89C5-42CC-908B-A9E15247A081.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, Could not help myself. Bought a 1971 Ford LTD Rag Top and have been working a few bugs out of it. Nothing is in full bloom here quite yet but it is not far away. There was still piles of snow over in New Hampshire where I picked up the car and then brought it back the Hudson Valley. 

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

• Like 2