C-clamps for u-joint of 48 DeSoto

marcapra

• 1 month later...

Still looking for these C-clamps pictured above.  Does anyone know where I can find a yard parting out DeSotos and Chryslers of the late 40s or early 50s?  Marc 9513311941.

Called French Lake, MN and they said they have two DeSotos, 1946 and 1948.  He knew what C-clamps are and will call me back in a few days to let me know more.  So thanks Curti again.  

• Like 1

Thanks Kurt!  I'm starting to lose faith in the French Lake yard.  I called them a couple of weeks ago and never heard back from them, so I called again yesterday.  The clerk on the phone said he had no record that I'd called, and asked me who I talked to.  I said he didn't tell me his name, so I had to make the request all over again.  The first guy said they had two DeSotos of my vintage in a yard with 15,000 cars.  But I don't think a request for C-clamps is going to get anyone excited there.  Considering all the work you would have to do to check on that.  The cars don't have any wheels, so you would need a fork lift tractor to check.  Who's going to do that just for C-clamps?