1954 Buick Super

Gene Brink

Yeah it is absolutely really nice car for sure and saw this episode years ago.  One comment I have is the guy says .... "unrestored just the way I found it" ... If that is the case, and definitely no bad intended to the owner,  ... If this car indeed sat for any length of time before he got it and even regardless if it had not and only had been driven 1 mile a month since new, I doubt seriously if the engine bay would present with such clean shiny painted surfaces especially on the valve covers considering old single stage factory enamel would surface fade and easily chip with the heat, wear and tear and compounding years.  So my guess is the engine bay has definitely been massaged and prep'ed more than just a little.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the above articles very interesting as I now am the third owner since the '54 was found in 1993. The finder was Jack  Taylor and when he passed away a friend (Chuck Marousec )  purchased the car from the widow . I seen the car at shows and asked Chuck if he ever was to sell the car I would be interested. IN 2014 I purchased the car from Chuck. Along with the car from Chuck ,I received the original  wheels with whitewall bias ply tires. Jack had purchased a set of Kelsey-hayes skylark wheels and installed radial tires on them! Chuck had also purchased the complete parts to put power steering on the car. I installed that setup on the car and what a change in drivability it made! I had the car painted last year as it was  peeling in places.  Tranny and rear seal are the only other repairs by me .. WHAT A WONDERFUL RIDE IT HAS AND A PLEASURE TO DRIVE! ( much better than my (2019 BUICK)   Jack was a real promoter of the car as I received all literature and invoices with the car all very interesting. I'm 85 years old and one of these days will have to part with the car. Respectfully submitted Karl Bosk bca # 11374 

• Like 6