1937 Studebaker Dictator - speaker size & window regulator?

Dear Studebaker friends, 

My name is Cristian and I am living quite far away from you in Romania.   I had been blessed to find a 1937 Studebaker Dictator in a rather decent shape 3 years ago and I got in love with its beautiful lines.  I had been doing some light work on the car since.  

Moreover, I have been looking for quite some time for an original Philco radio and I found one at the end of last year which I am restoring for the moment.  The car did not came originally with a radio (as it is a radio delete dash).  Now, that I am getting to the final stage of restoration for the Philco radio I was wondering if you could help me figure out what type of speaker should I use / buy as well as the size of the original speaker if you know.  

I have took down the speaker grill (with the three horizontal lines and the S) and behind it I found a round hole with a raised lip on the edge with a diameter of about 4,7 inches.  The depth from the face of the grill until the  inside of the top ceiling is about 2,35 - 2,75 inches.  I have also attached some photos (one showing the raised inside edge of the  round hole behind the speaker grill).  

I would also like to mention that the car still has the 6V battery and electric wiring.  

Would you happen to know the type of speaker that I should be looking for?  Or the size (length, height, depth) of the original speaker?

Separately, would you happen to know somebody who might have the left window regulator for a 2 door coupe body?

All the best,

Cristian, from Romania

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

NOSQ9226.JPG

URJB9801.JPG

file-23.jpeg

That car is a beauty.   I would think that as you have the measurements for the size of the speaker what you need to know is the correct electrical specifications.

I think that you could search to find someone who restores radios.  RadioRoy on the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum is someone you could start with.

Here is a link where he responded - you can send him a personal message.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?110478-Philco-S4627

266209 is the part number for a window regulator assembly for a 1937 two door.  While the parts book only lists a part number for the complete regulator assembly, and shows the regulator to be unique to 1937 left front, I would guess that the gear and other components might be the same as those used on other years and models.  Do you know what components have failed on your regulator?  Perhaps someone can supply the needed components if your unable to locate a complete regulator assembly.

Hi Studeq,

Thank you very much for the tremendous help in providing the installation instructions.  These were actually on my mind for a couple of days.   

Would it be possible to reprint the first two pages and send a scanned larger copy of them as I have trouble reading and figuring out some of the pictures / figures (figure 2 and 4 especially).  

If it proves easier just send them over to my email: cristian.radu.radulescu@gmail.com

Morever, I am not sure whether I read correctly but on first instruction page I see that these are relevant for Philco S-1437 model. 

The radio I bought and I am currently restoring is the Philco Radio model S-1431.  If you know, could you please let me know if the installation specifications would be the same (I would assume to be pretty much the same but wanted to double check with you)?

Thank you very much again for helping me understand better how to install the Philco radio.

All the best,

Cristian, from Romania

Hi Spineyhill,

Thank you for your comments.  Based on my research and sime litarature found it seems that the S-1431 Philco box was used along with the 1937 dash control head presented by you in 1937 Studebakers.  

All the best to everyone,

Cristian