dross1958

RARE 1969 BUICK SPORTWAGON 400, ORIGINAL, WONDERFUL CONDITION,46K MILES

Posted (edited)
A very nice original and RARE, 1969 Buick Sportwagon 400 ( glass roof model, not a flat roof  ) with the powerful 400 ci. v8 ( just like the Buick GS muscle cars ) and a 4 bbl carb.  This car is powerful, fast and fun.  Showing slightly over 46,000 miles, although I do drive it on nice weekends here in Florida so the original mileage will go up slightly each week. 

Automatic transmission, ice cold air conditioning, power seats, speed minder cruise system, tilt steering column, clock ( does not work ), remote drivers mirror ( does not work automatically but does manually ) , power rear window and split tailgate opening feature ( opens down flat or swings out ), rear seat sun visors, Buick chrome mag wheels, power steering, power brakes, posi-traction rear end.  Recently installed tires, brakes and all fluids flushed and re-filled, car has been tuned up and runs great.   

RUST FREE, original paint polished and buffed to a nice shine.  Everything works as of today ( unless noted above that it doesn't ) 

This is not a restored show car but an original 50 year old well kept original car which has had maintenance and safety items change, which means it looks fabulous but you will see some imperfections if you look closely as you would on any original 50 year old car .   I personally prefer a well kept original to an overly or improperly restored car, or a car that is restored and you can't drive it. I wouldn't hesitate driving it anywhere.  I have taken it to car shows and drives all across Florida and it has performed flawlessly.

Clear Florida title in my name.  As this is a 50 year old used car, it is sold as is / where is, with no warranties. Absolutely nothing wanted in trade.   $ 24,995. US or CDN ( Cdn. $ taken at par )  or best reasonable offer. No trades wanted.  We have more cars than we know what to do with as it is.   

DSCN5849.jpg

DSCN5850.jpg

DSCN5851.jpg

DSCN5852.jpg

DSCN5853.jpg

DSCN5854.jpg

DSCN5855.jpg

DSCN5875.jpg

DSCN5865.jpg

DSCN5798.jpg

DSCN5870.jpg

DSCN5869.jpg

DSCN5864.jpg

DSCN5861.jpg

DSCN5857.jpg

DSCN5860.jpg

DSCN5863.jpg

Edited by dross1958 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

engine compartment shows it has an aftermarket aluminum radiator, what happened to the original?

• Like 1

What happened to it ?  You would have to ask the now deceased original owners.   Apparently they took it to a shop for a leaking rad and that is how it came back.  If you buy the car, you can change the rad. 

• Like 1

Price reduced because the car is just sitting in a storage unit - someone should enjoy it more often than I do

I’m not a wagon guy, but I love how America produced some awesome and powerful wagons.

• Like 1

These were the SUV's of the day.  My dad always purchased wagons - Ford wagons.   This is archival quality for sure.