Inherited a 41' 2 Door Sedan Almost Done Needs exhaust

Jason Kurtz

Hello Zephyr Collectors/Admirers, 

I am trying to get advice on the best way to sell a car that my Grandfather had been restoring (#'s matching 41' 2 door sedan), it is all but complete except for the exhaust. However, he passed away before he finished. I can't say the exact level of restoration that was completed, but it is definitely not an amateur job. It had a custom ordered leather interior and we had it redone with a cowbelly-hide and all the carpeting to spec. It is a Midnight bluish color (I will post pictures soon!). I am trying to help with selling and I'm not sure the best way. Do you think that we will loose a lot of value by not having the exhaust completed, if everything else is done? We are located in (Central) New Jersey. I am open to hearing any and all suggestions and I really appreciate anyone's insight! 

Jason, As nobody else has pipped up I'LL chip in with my pennies  worth. Best way to sell? with or without exhaust? If every thing has been done that needs to be done, and the car is drivable, road safe  and reliable it should sell easier and be worth more with a new exhaust system.  Roy

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 7:06 PM, 38ShortopConv. said:

Jason, As nobody else has pipped up I'LL chip in with my pennies  worth. Best way to sell? with or without exhaust? If every thing has been done that needs to be done, and the car is drivable, road safe  and reliable it should sell easier and be worth more with a new exhaust system.  Roy

Thanks Roy, I imagine that you are on point. Would you venture a guess of value of price range?

The only way to get a good guess on price is with photos.  Everyone's idea of quality varies but pictures will show us if stuff looks right and if everything was done,  or just some things.  That will make a big difference in value.  Chrome work is expensive as is good paint work. A frame off restoration if done correctly will have alot more value than a respray.  Incorrect parts or missing parts (though maybe not obvious to some people). will greatly affect the value and how easy it will be to sell.  

Sounds like a nice car.   I will be glad to give a guess when you can get those photos uploaded. 

If you still have to take them,  get a few of the underneath,  the engine bay,  interior,  including a good one of the dash and maybe a few semi close ups of the chrome. 

• 2 months later...