Best option to ship pair of ‘37 fenders cross country?

MrEarl

Have a buyer for the pair of dual mount fenders but just learned Fastenal doesn’t ship into California. 

Unfortunately, Fastenal would not be able to ship this item using our trucks due to capacity issues going into California, Colorado, Nevada, North Dakota.

Pallet would be 4’x6’x3’ tall. Any other “affordable” options/suggestions? 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Well, well, well. Well, well, WELL, well, well ! I am astonished that this day has come. If I am not dreaming, I am about to suggest to YOU, a somewhat more effective use of AACA forums !!!  🤔😉😏 !!! With respect particularly due to your recent "retirement", consider  :  While awaiting a solution to your logistical predicament, why not increase your exposure here ? It doesn't take too long for anyone who surfs AACA, before it becomes obvious what a wonderful world you Brothers in Buick inhabit. Understandably, some of you lucky guys and gals seldom if ever leave "Planet Buick". Now "effin" I wuz youse, I would also ask up top in General, and also look to hitch a ride in Garages, Trailers and Towing. It might even be a good idea to directly contact the couple or three members who haul full-time. They might even have an intermediate "drop zone" to be used as a martialing yard to pick up the final hitch several days later. You just never know. Long shot that it may be, we have all seen horses which have come in beating long odds.

Where in California ?                      -   CC 

• Thanks 1

I had a '53 Jaguar MK VII fender shipped from North Dakota to western New York by Greyhound. I think it cost about $60.

Don't expect any smiling, friendly faces at the depot, but they got it here. What a bunch of sour pusses.

Bernie

• Haha 2

On April 11, 2019 at 3:22 PM, C Carl said:

Well, well, well. Well, well, WELL, well, well ! I am astonished that this day has come. If I am not dreaming, I am about to suggest to YOU, a somewhat more effective use of AACA forums !!!  🤔😉😏 !!! With respect particularly due to your recent "retirement", consider  :  While awaiting a solution to your logistical predicament, why not increase your exposure here ? It doesn't take too long for anyone who surfs AACA, before it becomes obvious what a wonderful world you Brothers in Buick inhabit. Understandably, some of you lucky guys and gals seldom if ever leave "Planet Buick". Now "effin" I wuz youse, I would also ask up top in General, and also look to hitch a ride in Garages, Trailers and Towing. It might even be a good idea to directly contact the couple or three members who haul full-time. They might even have an intermediate "drop zone" to be used as a martialing yard to pick up the final hitch several days later. You just never know. Long shot that it may be, we have all seen horses which have come in beating long odds.

Where in California ?                      -   CC 

Planet Buick... I like the sound of that. Going to Los Angeles.