Split rim tire install

peterjohn1948

Anybody know of someone close to the Tampa Bay Florida area that can install two tires on my split rims

I have a 1930 Marquette . Looking for someone or shop. Please contact 813-300-0437 or email

thecalhoon1975@gmail.com  Thanks so much God Bless   Peter

Try a local big truck tire shop......ask you snap on dealer, as they know where all the old times are who can deal with them. If you bring them down to West Palm, I’ll change them out for a beer...........IPA, not light! 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

Try a local big truck tire shop......ask you snap on dealer, as they know where all the old times are who can deal with them. If you bring them down to West Palm, I’ll change them out for a beer...........IPA, not light! 👍

I wish you were closer, I’d have paid you 2 beers apiece for the 31 Pierce tires, thank god I only needed to mount 3 new ones as the fronts were new when I got the car...

You should do a search when on the home page and print off some of the instructions on how to unmount and mount a tire on a split rim (NOTE not two or three piece rim).  You should carry  these instructions in your car because one day you may be far from home and have a second flat.  What happens then, will you pay fora tow to somewhere where someone may know how or may be willing to try.  It is not rocket science but in my area not even a truck shop will mount tires that are not drop center or two or three piece rims.

People talk about how dangerous "split rims" are when they are misinformed and really mean two or three piece rims.

Learn how to do it yourself and be independent.

Hercules rim tool 1.jpg

Hercules rim tool 2.jpg

Hercules rim tool 3.png

8 hours ago, keiser31 said:

For future reference....if your rims are like this, they are fairly easy to break down and mount....

Not that type.Marquette used Jaxon wheels and rims.