looking for help on identifying my 1929? Dodge

Macksrod

Hi, I'm new to this site and am after some help identifying my dodge chassis. I think it's a 29' da? It was pulled out of the bush after years of sitting. It's been through fires, shot at and only it knows what else.

i can only seem to upload this one photo, so hopefully I can upload the others in comments.

image.jpeg

There doesn't seem to be any markings on the chassis or body. I have 3 of the shocks. It had an engine block in it when dragged out, 6 cyl with a H prefix. The block is currently at a mates in storage, but I will try to get the engine no., if it helps. All of the DA's that I have seen have a solid/smooth cowl top, mine has an opening 'air vent'?? I'm curious as to what year it might be.

Edited by Macksrod (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Macksrod said:

There doesn't seem to be any markings on the chassis or body. I have 3 of the shocks. It had an engine block in it when dragged out, 6 cyl with a H prefix. The block is currently at a mates in storage, but I will try to get the engine no., if it helps. All of the DA's that I have seen have a solid/smooth cowl top, mine has an opening 'air vent'?? I'm curious as to what year it might be.

Please post a photo or two of the body so we can determine exactly what  you have. Is the vent on top of the cowl? Are there two vents? Are the vents on the sides of the cowl?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Interesting cowl vent shape. I have never seen one on a Dodge Brothers car or truck with that configuration of tapering toward the front.

Yep, that's one of the reasons I'm unsure. I've found a 29' Chrysler 66?, that I'm hopefully picking up next month. The cowl has no vents and the dash is different, but apart from that, the two are identical. With any luck, I can make something from the two.

Well, it certainly has the 1929 DA6 dashboard and firewall. I did find this 1929 DA6 with the same tapered top cowl vent. Maybe it's an Australian thing....this one and yours are right-hand drive. Some things on the Australian bodies are different than in the USA. In the USA, the DA6 has side cowl vents.

1929 DB DA6 cowl.jpg

1929 DB DA6 cowl.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Agreed, but the 'bead line' running across the doors and back of cab is different. The couple of pics I've looked at of the 31' has the bead splitting and following up the rear side windows and around the cab, where as mine is a straight line (approx. 2-2 1/2 inches wide), then tapering down to about an inch as it wraps around the back of cab.image.thumb.png.b6d4891ffcc3d318c07997ce215ccd61.png

47 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Well, it certainly has the 1929 DA6 dashboard and firewall. I did find this 1929 DA6 with the same tapered top cowl vent. Maybe it's an Australian thing....this one and yours are right-hand drive. Some things on the Australian bodies are different than in the USA. In the USA, the DA6 has side cowl vents.

Found this pic from another thread on this site,

image.png.79012022f73d5227deb1f649aadc9820.png

• Like 1

Hey....by the way....thanks for the lesson on the different cowl vent style. I love to learn more about the export Dodge Brothers vehicles and other Chrysler products.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macksrod said:

Agreed, but the 'bead line' running across the doors and back of cab is different. The couple of pics I've looked at of the 31' has the bead splitting and following up the rear side windows and around the cab, where as mine is a straight line (approx. 2-2 1/2 inches wide), then tapering down to about an inch as it wraps around the back of cab.image.thumb.png.b6d4891ffcc3d318c07997ce215ccd61.png

This car is a 1930 DD6.

• Like 1

Dodgy6> Ha, must be a limited release pack or something, mines missing the chassis no. like yours too! Hows the progress on your build going?

keiser31> Thanks for the helpful info. and a 30' DD6? lol, that would explain the difference.... I know nothing about ID of the various Dodge/Chrysler models, I only have this one because I like that era of vehicles and chanced upon it in my travels. The more I look into the early Dodges, the more I like though :)