Does anyone have a passing gear kick down switch in decent working condition for a 65. I have verified my transmission kicks down by bypassing the switch. Pretty sure replacing it will cure my problem. Anyone got one?

Hi Daryle,

You might want to try taking your switch apart, cleaning out the old dirt/grease and perhaps paying some attention to the contacts. The housing only has a mild crimp which can be separated if you are careful. You should be able to re-crimp so the switch stays properly assembled. Bench work!!

Tom

Daryle,

BE VERY CAREFUL of the plastic. It is quite fragile.

• Like 2

Got my passing gear working today. I took the switch apart, and it looks good. What I noticed was the switch activates in the compressed position. My car has a Edelbrock carb on it. When hooked up my linkage pulled the switch open rather than pushing it closed. A little linkage fabrication and I,m passing everything but the gas stations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol...that`ll do it! Daryle, I have an original `65 4GC Rochester if you are interested. Now your switch pitch should be functional too!

Tom

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1965rivgs said:

Lol...that`ll do it! Daryle, I have an original `65 4GC Rochester if you are interested. Now your switch pitch should be functional too!

Tom

I fought this thing, every other switch I have ever seen pulls to activate. LOL.... So simple when you finally figure it out. Thanks everyone for your input. Thanks for the carb offer Tom, but this thing runs and works so perfect, I don't want to touch it.

Edited by crowvet (see edit history)

On 4/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, crowvet said:

What I noticed was the switch activates in the compressed position. My car has a Edelbrock carb on it. When hooked up my linkage pulled the switch open rather than pushing it closed. A little linkage fabrication and I,m passing everything but the gas stations.

I had the same problem. I never had the switch hooked up. Bought my Sniper EFI, hooked the kickdown switch to it thinking it worked by pulling the switch…nope haha

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RockinRiviDad said:

I had the same problem. I never had the switch hooked up. Bought my Sniper EFI, hooked the kickdown switch to it thinking it worked by pulling the switch…nope haha

Glad I'm not the only one.