`68 Buick assembly manual

1965rivgs

Just now, Pat Curran said:

I have the chassis manual (shop manual) and body manual for a 1969.  They have been listed in the items for sale in the Riview in the literature section.  These are originals, not repros.

Hi Pat,

I am looking for information that would only be presented in the factory assembly manual...or a factory quality control manual... but very few people would know they exist. But thanks anyway!

Tom

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Mike,

A `69 version might prove useful...anyone have the `69 version?

Tom

I have a current reprint copy of the 69 Buick Assembly Manual. It's available via several retailers that sell reprinted car manuals. I bought mine from a seller on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1969+buick+assembly+manual&_sacat=0

There are 68 Skylark assembly manuals available but none for '68 Full Size Buicks.

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Pat,

I am looking for information that would only be presented in the factory assembly manual...or a factory quality control manual... but very few people would know they exist. But thanks anyway!

Tom

No problem Tom!

35 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

I have a current reprint copy of the 69 Buick Assembly Manual. It's available via several retailers that sell reprinted car manuals. I bought mine from a seller on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1969+buick+assembly+manual&_sacat=0

There are 68 Skylark assembly manuals but none for big Buicks.

Mike, sent a PM

Tom

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, Pat Curran said:

I have the chassis manual (shop manual) and body manual for a 1969.  They have been listed in the items for sale in the Riview in the literature section.  These are originals, not repros.

Pat, I own a 63 Riv. I have the 63 Service Manual and 63 Body Manual for 63 Buick’s. Is the assembly manual known to be the same item.? If there is a manual that shows how to put stuff back together again I’d first in line to buy such a book. Please advise and thank you.

Turbinatot

The chassis manual is the shop manual.  It is a great source for mechanical and electrical references.  The body manual is a good source for all body assembly information.  Both go into much detail on troubleshooting, assembly and how to replace items.  The ones for your year are available through automotive literature dealers.  Average prices range from $45 to $65 dollars for originals.  Repros are a little cheaper.

11 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Pat, I own a 63 Riv. I have the 63 Service Manual and 63 Body Manual for 63 Buick’s. Is the assembly manual known to be the same item.? If there is a manual that shows how to put stuff back together again I’d first in line to buy such a book. Please advise and thank you.

Turbinatot

Bob, The assembly manual was used by the factory to "build" the car to Engineering Specifications, it is different than the books you mention above.

I am not sure of the availability of them for the '63 but a sample of the first couple of pages of the manual for the 1972 is pictured below.

603434786_1972AssemManualpg0.1.thumb.jpg.8f0bc8abbee5b42da162b7899fda84e6.jpg

1605008571_1972AssemManualpg0.2.thumb.jpg.282be57ac39137e2ba6cf9e3684e1941.jpg

You might check With Jim Cannon and see if he might be able to help you with the 1963 manual?

Mr Rivman,

thank you for the clarification.

it is possible if I knew how the car went together it could help me how to fix some items.

For instance, getting the evaporator box in and out is real hard. Any info on “how to” can only help.

thank 

you

Bob