Tail light ID, Charlotte mud, etc.

greenie

Rescued from the mud at the Charlotte Autofair Swap Meet. It’s about 8 inches long, a jumbo. The letters appear to say “DE YH”. Any ideas?

The last picture is the Blue field on Saturday. After beautiful weather on Thursday, a system rolled in and drenched the facility on Friday. Saturday nice, but not a day to wear your best shoes!

ED1E6127-FB60-4198-8818-A08D973B8DBA.jpeg

4E75A5B6-3EA0-4B79-B479-2992AE10317A.jpeg

2F1A1839-49C3-4030-A21A-F0A2EF7A7355.jpeg

Edited by greenie (see edit history)

I’ve had the pleasure of walking thru BOTH, but the Charlotte mud is a red clay that the Hershey mud could barely dream about becoming. Of course, the warmer Charlotte weather typically means the mud dries out rather quickly. South central PA in October is a different story- that mud stuck around for weeks!

Swap Meet mud is a mild occupational hazard. We have learned to deal with it!

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, greenie said:

Rescued from the mud at the Charlotte Autofair Swap Meet. It’s about 8 inches long, a jumbo. The letters appear to say “DE YH”. Any ideas?

The last picture is the Blue field on Saturday. After beautiful weather on Thursday, a system rolled in and drenched the facility on Friday. Saturday nice, but not a day to wear your best shoes!

ED1E6127-FB60-4198-8818-A08D973B8DBA.jpeg

4E75A5B6-3EA0-4B79-B479-2992AE10317A.jpeg

2F1A1839-49C3-4030-A21A-F0A2EF7A7355.jpeg

Last picture is in the Red Field. Red Field sign in the picture. 

Blue Field is inside the Speedway,  where you cannot see that grass slope.

I will comment about mud at the swap meets.

This is the first time in about ten years that I didn't have to have my rig towed out of the space at Portland raceway.

We did get a lot of rain, but its been unseasonably dry for the past couple of months here so the ground was not all that saturated.

It was clear most of the afternoon Saturday but the forecast was for rain all night and the meet was over so I decided to make the attempt late Saturday afternoon and it paid off.

Most guys were gone by then so I had plenty of room to find parking on pavement that night.

The race track supplies a tow truck and I watched him pull the guy that was next to me out on Sunday morning.

I had a fair meet and was able to control myself and didn't buy even one item. I did make one pretty nice swap however.

Just a side note about the lens....the same model (1946-48) was in production for the early 1949 models. December of 1948 is when they switched to the all new 1949 models.

• Like 1