Seeking advice '53 Buick rear lever arm

johnnyrock70

man, I'm having a tough time getting the upper part of the rear lever arm extension out of the bracket that is on the frame. These are tapered bolts which were obviously designed to hold on tight! Last night it was a bitch, but I managed to get the passenger side off after drilling out the bolt (which I'm trying to avoid for the other side). I already pre-sprayed. I am considering putting heat on it, but thought I would post to see if there is an easier method that I have not thought of? I am a regular Joe, and am doing this in my garage with basic tools. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. Thank you! Johnny Rock

20190406_162410.jpg

20190406_162417.jpg

20190406_162432.jpg

Auto parts stores have 'free' tool rentals, and they have a tie rod end puller that should work here. For the 'free' tool you pay a deposit and get it back when you return the tool. Prefer the one that pushes the bolt out not the pickle fork style. Another way is to take 2 big hammers and bang on opposite sides of the arm simultaneously until it pops out. Leave the nut on a few threads so it doesn't go flying.