1950 dodge

I used to own a 1950 Dodge. I was told it was a business coupe- it only had one seat. I can't find any information on these. Were they a limited production?

I also had one of those in my earlier days of collecting old cars - a real tank at almost 4,000 lbs with a flathead six. One seat - but a trunk that was big enough to fit a family of 4. Used to be used by travelling salesmen for the most part.

Try researching it as a "Club" coupe instaed of a "Business" coupe. I could be wrong but I think they were one and the same. But I am a Ford guy so hopefully a Mopar expert can verify.

Good luck

I believe the "club coupe" had a rear seat. I don't know about Dodge, but the Business Coupe was a pretty common Plymouth body style for the 1946-49 era.

Guest carlnut50

The 1950 Dodge had 2 coupes.One was a business coupe.It was in the Wayfarer series and on a 115" wheelbase.It only had a front seat and no side windows behind the doors.7500 were built and they weighed 3095 lbs and cost $1629.The other was a club coupe and had a back seat.It was in the Coronet series and had a wheelbase of 123.5"It was considered a more attractive car and sold 38,502 for $1932.It seated 6 people and weighed 3340 lbs.