Nigan

Help me ID this item

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,,

I bought a 1914 Locomobile a few years ago.  I had found this some where - maybe a flea market. it looked interesting but I have no idea of what it is.  Maybe a race trophy    the last line has  10 on it.    any ideas???

image.png.9687a671ee47b920c1ecb557df83329f.png

mobdro lucky patcher kodi

image.png.23549f395b55440d51c5ccaf1e426016.png\

Plzzz help me asap,....

Edited by Nigan (see edit history)

Wasn’t this asked and answered months ago? I assume you didn’t like the answer as nobody thought it was race related and I think you were hoping to retire on it maybe?

As I recall the best suggestions were that it was a dog show trophy sponsored by the local Locomobile dealer for St. Bernards which are great dogs and were quite popular at that time. Someone in my family has a picture of a St.Bernard in the front seat of a g-g-uncle’s Simplex with his girls in the back, a picture I wish I had... sorry for that side note.

Anyway, you have a very interesting item in its own way, it’s a beautiful example of an arts and crafts 3-arm loving cup that has some curiosity value to car, arts & craft, and even dog lovers though I don’t know what monitory value it would have as value for such a tangential item is nearly impossible to predict. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Money Pit, correct you are, because I answered his question. Who knows why people do stuff like this. It's like the person that asks where something is available and even though someone gives him the correct part number, where it can be purchased and how much it costs still asks the same question. Human nature I guess.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well guys, don’t be too harsh. Depending on what health issues they may have and what is on their plate, the duplication could be for some other reason. Maybe this person has memory issues like my dad, or something else entirely. 

I am sure many of you have answered questions for me more then once, due to the volume of stuff I was sorting through. You were always very kind to me. It’s something that really stands out about this car group over all of the others. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

What annoys me is the OP that asks a question, then you move Heaven and Hell to get an answer and the person either  never returns or acknowledges it if he/she does.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I didn't see the first thread, but here's another idea.  The letter plaque on the cup is a stylized tulip shape.  That could be just arts and crafts aesthetics.  Or the trophy could be from a flower show, again sponsored by a Locomobile dealer.  There are towns named St. Bernard - the cup may reference that rather than dogs.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

What annoys me is the OP that asks a question, then you move Heaven and Hell to get an answer and the person either  never returns or acknowledges it if he/she does.

That tulip shape says “Trophy For Best St Bernard”... I can’t read the last word. 

Also, this poster joined months ago and his only other post is about an open house/car show this weekend. It’s under meets and tours, so he may have acquired this from the last guy who asked about it. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Also, this poster joined months ago and his only other post is about an open house/car show this weekend. It’s under meets and tours, so he may have acquired this from the last guy who asked about it. 

I am pretty sure what you are seeing is related to the crash that erased a lot of previous postings history for individual members. I went looking for something I know I replied to and it took me a while to find it as most all of my history is gone.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

most all of my history is gone.

I thought so too but not so. See this post:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

That tulip shape says “Trophy For Best St Bernard”... I can’t read the last word. 

You're right.  I went to the first thread that has a picture of the lower half of the tulip:

DSC_0481.JPG.cbd80578101008c771bac55ef2b

capngrog's post in that thread explains it:

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/322632-can-someone-help-me-id-this-item/?tab=comments#comment-1845183

The trophy, and maybe the show, was sponsored by Locomobile.  LKA is Ladies Kennel Association and SoCal would be southern California.  So the plaque decodes as:

Trophy for Best St Bernard

Ladies Kennel Association of Southern California

There is a faint number 10 as the last line.  It is not emphasized with paint (or whatever) as are the letters.  That leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the trophy inscription.  I'd guess it's just the model number of that particular cup style.

You're also right it's a different poster, or at least a different username, asking this time.

• Like 2

Very strange, two different user names, exact same post language. Makes me wonder if this is some kind of phishing post, or if he just forgot his old login. 

I guess we we will see if he bothers to comment again and thank those of you who helped him?