1928 Standard pull straps/grab handles

michealbernal

My 1928 standard 4 door does not have any pull strap/grab handles for the read seat.  Since the car was restored when I bought it I am not sure if it was supposed to have them but they got left out, they were an aftermarket accessories or a dealer accessories.  Having a set of them would make it much easier to get into the back seat.  Can someone supply a photo of these and tell me if they were original?  Any info appreciated.  Thanks  

Those are pretty "standard" (pun intended) across a number of marques, including 1925-27 Pierce-Arrow Series 80, undoubtedly from the same supplier to many marques.  I found a good pair at Hershey for $30 -- 15 years ago.  Somewhere in the forums in the last year, I found that someone is reproducing them, but I failed to bookmark that page.  Be sure to get the Footman Loops to which they are attached.  The loops attach to structural wood in your car body with nickeled, oval head, slotted wood screws--but stainless will look just fine after a few seconds on a buffer.

• Like 1