39 OLDS SHIFTER PROBLEM NEED CABLE.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing nobody has it. There are just so few prewar Olds left. Maybe these guys? I didn't see one listed, but might be worth a call.

https://www.oldsobsolete.com/product-category/oldsmobile-parts-for-sale/1939-oldsmobile-parts-for-sale/

You might try the general aaca "parts wanted" section. I don't see much activity in here.

EDIT: If you can come up with a part number it might help. The "one cable, one lever" setup was used in more than one GM make. There is at least a possibility that cable was also used on something with easier parts availability (like a Buick).

Edit 2: Olds made Sixes and Eights. Which is this?

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

I can tell you that the LHD part number for that cable, from the 1948 parts book, is 411641 (sold for $1.75). No specs given. Listed for 1939 only. The gentleman I would refer you to passed away a few years ago. His family is selling his parts inventory, but they want to sell it as a lot, not piece by piece.

Paul

Thank You Very Much!!   

It will turn up..I used to love junkyards, the search was as much fun as anything looking 

through all kinds of old cars...

but all of our old timey walk in junk yards are gone in northwest ohio area..

there still out there. (Where's Dr. Olds when you need him?)😀

Jeff

On 4/14/2019 at 6:40 AM, Oldsfan said:

I can tell you that the LHD part number for that cable, from the 1948 parts book, is 411641 (sold for $1.75). No specs given. Listed for 1939 only. The gentleman I would refer you to passed away a few years ago. His family is selling his parts inventory, but they want to sell it as a lot, not piece by piece.l

Looks to be the same design as 1939 Buick.  A 1 year only design.

Where I am now I do not have access to my Buick parts book to check if the same part number

Edit

Here is an image of a cable i bought in 2009 for $50. Part 1308935 (not checked if correct) Unfortunately it got lost in (friends) storage

1308935.jpg

1928-52 Master Parts book pg 117-A_ss.jpg

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)