Spare wheel carrier emblem colour - Dodge 1925

Hi fellow restorers, I would appreciate any information or photos on the correct colour for the spare wheel carrier emblem for a 1920's Dodge. This spare wheel carrier is designed for disc wheels and has a brass "DB" emblem inserted into the middle of the carrier. I have seen an old black & white photo and it appears that the raise "DB" brass section of the emblem has the paint polished off revealing the "DB" in a polished brass colour. The non raised section of the emblem appears to be painted, but from a black & white photo it is impossible to determine the colour. If this section is painted I suspect it may be black to match the spare wheel carrier, or maybe for a 1925 Dodge the colour could be dark blue to match the body colour.

Appreciating any feedback or suggestions - Regards Aussie Dodge.

Aussie Dodge and Ron et all, This is one of those things that are difficult to say for certain. BUT it is my humble opinion that given the Brothers Dodge and their economical bent they would not be willing to pay extra for something that would have no functional benefit. This nickel plated embossed medallion on disk wheels and rear carrier, AND all those aluminum cast hubcaps over time that many feel not pretty enough and hand paint the background on same Black or Blue or I have even seen RED, would have been installed in their original unpainted condition!. 

My guess would be all black background, hence all '25 touring cars were all black from factory. I can't see factory painting in other colors for coupes and sedans as the tire carrier was already painted, done and dried, all lined up as the assembly line was going! I know they had men pin-striping the bodies, but I highly doubt they would have that much time to do the insignias. I'm sure we've all seen every color of the rainbow put onto the carrier insignia, but by whom, over the last 90 years??

Many other makes of cars in this same time era used black in their design on hubcaps and the like, Buick for one. ('29)?, Packards used black and red for years.

• 2 weeks later...