Sign in to follow this  
ROBERTWILLIAM

1956 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible

Hi Robert,

Beautiful car.

Why are you putting the car for sale? I would never!

Nina

These cars do not belong to Robert. He is just alerting us to them. Hey Robert : what cars do you have ?  Nina, do you have any interesting cars over there in Latvia ? Daniel has some very good cars. Sometimes he tells me he has too many. I know I have too many, but I feel fortunate to have 1924 and 1927 Cadillacs.   -    Carl 

The ebay ad incorrectly lists the engine as a 331ci

That engine was used from 1949 through 1955, and was superceded in 1956.

Either the owner/seller has the wrong engine installed, or does not know his/her car, or ????

Is this a broker listing the car?

Looks like maybe a consigner is handling the car. I wonder how long it's been sitting in a museum.  '56 Caddy experts, how does the interior look?

Posted (edited)

Looks like the engine compartment has been touched up with black spray paint also that isnt the correct interior.  The engine was a 331 (5.4 L)  Models from 1949-1956

Edited by CHRIS S23 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, C Carl said:

These cars do not belong to Robert. He is just alerting us to them. Hey Robert : what cars do you have ?  Nina, do you have any interesting cars over there in Latvia ? Daniel has some very good cars. Sometimes he tells me he has too many. I know I have too many, but I feel fortunate to have 1924 and 1927 Cadillacs.   -    Carl 

I knew that Robert did not have all those cars .i was just playing along as Nlna asked why he would sell this car ...

13 hours ago, CHRIS S23 said:

The engine was a 331 (5.4 L)  Models from 1949-1956

Chris, the 331 ci engine was used only through 1955 model year as I understand the spec sheets and the Cadillac registry.

The 1956 model received the new 365 CI Engine:

Facts: 8-cylinder, 90° V8, 4 x 3.63" b&s, 365 ci, overhead valves, push rod actuated, 9.75:1 compression ratio, Carter two-stage four-barrel carburetor (or Rochester 4 bbl on Eldorado), 285 BHP @ 4600 rpm,

Marty,

Cadillac-LaSalle Club Member # 18889

9 hours ago, CHRIS S23 said:

Marty you are correct my mistake !!!  i was close anyways!!!  Lol

Thanks, Chris, for keeping me on my toes-

• Like 1