Dirty Li'l Tudor Ford Model A.

They're still out there. Picked up this 1930 Ford Tudor a few days back. Going to get her up and driving, tour worthy, and preserve that irreplaceable patina. It dawned on me that this car is 89 years young and in decent solid unrestored condition for its age. Un wrapped some NOS headlight bulbs some one bought for it way back when. The date on the news paper they were wrapped in was July 22, 1979. Almost 40 years ago someone started tearing it apart and never got to restoring it. Unfortunately the engine was totally taken apart and was left to rust but not to worry, I have leads on several engines so we are on our way. Dandy Dave! 

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

These make great projects as virtually every part is available in after-market. I like your idea of keeping it in survivor condition. 

That's the biggest reason I jumped right into this one. Door screws are missing. Look on Mac's website and there they were. 5/16 ths - 24 tapered head screws. Hinge to doorpost. $3 bucks + shipping buys enough to get the doors hung. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Please do not take offense, though you really may want to consider putting a decent interior in it for your family or friends to ride with you - most people are not too sympathetic to original interiors when it gets this tatty (I found them really not sympathetic to anything other than a "nice interior") - hard enough to get families interested in the hobby.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Please do not take offense, though you really may want to consider putting a decent interior in it for your family or friends to ride with you - most people are not too sympathetic to original interiors when it gets this tatty (I found them really not sympathetic to anything other than a "nice interior") - hard enough to get families interested in the hobby.

True, but this is a huge upgrade condition wise to his White truck. Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

These make great projects as virtually every part is available in after-market. I like your idea of keeping it in survivor condition. 

A great buy and a relatively easy project, on a scale of 1 to 10 I believe my Pontiac is 0.2 better, it is all together and has it's engine.😁

• Haha 1

Dave congrats on a cool find.  Get on some A sites for collective experience both technical and which vendors are recomended.  Will leave it at that but some have great reputations, others less so.  Since you have a choice may as well go with the better ones.  Maybe see you at Rhinebeck about a month away now...

• Like 1
14 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Agree that It should at least get seat covers for now and needs a roof kit. May upgrade the interior later. The mice have had a field day with the seat stuffing, I swear I found the remains of Jimmy Hoffa under the back seat. The rear floor pad is in really nice flexible condition.  Aftermarket from the 60's or 70's perhaps? 

14 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

True, but this is a huge upgrade condition wise to his White truck. Bob

LOL. Yeah, But nothing draws a crowd like that hillbilly White. Had it at Mills Mansion this past fall. Was a little on the cool side and the crowd was a little light. I let it sit and Idle for most of the day. A friend was kind enough to take a photo from a distance. All the shiny stuff not many were looking at, but around that early White truck there was a crowd of 20 to 40 all day. The 1930 Rolls Royce 20/25 that I finally got up and running is right in the lower center of the photo. It is easy to spot the White. Just look for the crowd. 😉

Like my pal Mike said when he sent this photo, Like flies on poop. 😜

IMG_4759.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Tinindian said:

A great buy and a relatively easy project, on a scale of 1 to 10 I believe my Pontiac is 0.2 better, it is all together and has it's engine.😁

Glad to hear that it is 0.2% better. That Pontiac is a lot harder to get pieces for. Model A parts are everywhere. I found leads to several different motors and the week isn't even up yet. Dandy Dave.  

• Like 1

Larry, I had more fun with that White last year at car shows than I have had with anything else in a while. So many people said it was the most interesting thing they have see in a long time at a show. Picked up a couple of bushel baskets full of trophies with that rusty old truck. Vehicle that was the most fun, Show favorite, and so on. Got at least one at every show. Sometimes two for that rusty old Hillbilly truck that runs like a clock. Dandy Dave! 

IMG_1801.JPG

• Like 4