Spring wakeup

20190330_122331.thumb.jpg.2064a9fd033ccbf465bbebbd736dc8eb.jpgFinally tolerable enuff 2 start working outside on cars. Put the charger on a couple 6 volts to start the 320" in the '41. Anxious to change carbs per John the carb king to the brand new pair of small series 3 bolt carbs, which John says they used with good success in terms of size. Kinda expensive@50ea.Ouch! Cant believe they were that much! It is 1963 aint it?20190330_085231.thumb.jpg.9a41913703efeb85d871545ae3645dd9.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Good deal, you can`t buy a rebuild kit for $50. Setting them up with parallel linkage? I`m putting a `41 248 dual carb engine in my `36 coupe with the 528S carbs front and rear with parallel linkage. I also put Holley electric chokes on both, they fit right in place of the Carter choke cover, but operate backwards from the Carter choke, just remove the bi-metal spring and flip it over, then works just fine..

• Like 1

Yes, the linkage on the Roch 2GCs is already setup to open together, but those are a little too big for my near stock engine, so I'm anxious to see how the two smaller carbs work! All I did when I "refurbished" was to have .040 taken off cylinder head. Just a little more than a cleanup mill job, but these old 320" engines can stand more compression than when they came out new before WWII when they started improving fuels to power fuel aircraft engines.