Ronnie

I'm just a member now.

I thought some of you might like to know that I have resigned as the moderator of the Reatta forum.  To those of you have given me encouragement for what I did on the forum I say thank you.  To the few people who complained that I wasn't treating you fairly I say you no longer have anything to worry about in that regard.  My biggest regret is that during my time as a moderator so many people have left the forum.  Regardless if it is my fault or not, it is sad to see the best forum on the internet declining.

Ronnie

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Count me as one that's very sorry to see you go. I thought your responses were always on point, informative and respectful. When I was a uninformed newby you very patiently corrected my query so that it was understandable before guiding me to a solution.

I have a small bunch of cars and I'm on many forums;  Ronnie  and the other frequent "answer" men made it one of the best IMHO.

Murray

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I thought some of you might like to know that I have resigned as the moderator of the Reatta forum.  To those of you have given me encouragement for what I did on the forum I say thank you.  To the few people who complained that I wasn't treating you fairly I say you no longer have anything to worry about in that regard.  My biggest regret is that during my time as a moderator so many people have left the forum.  Regardless if it is my fault or not, it is sad to see the best forum on the internet declining.

Ronnie

Just letting you know I still have my '88 Reatta and I haven't really left. I still lurk here frequently. I always slow down on the cars during the winters. I do not have heat in the garage and now that I'm getting older I prefer a warmer workspace. I tend to do a lot of inside projects a(honey dews) during the cold weather. Lately I've been renovating my daughter's bathroom. Next week I'm hosting a CTONE (Classic Thunderbirds of New England) garage run. I need to clean up my yard and garage and set up displays for people who will be coming by. I have always thought you have done a great job supporting Reatta and owners. Sorry to see you dropped from being a moderator but glad to see you are still here.

• Thanks 1

Ronnie it was great having you as a moderator. You did a great job and were very fair. People leaving had nothing to do with you, it's just moving on. What we had a few years back was special with guys being innovative with "upgrades" and the like. A many friendships were formed. But now the forum has evolved into a 'My Reatta won't ------. Any ideas"? And then they are gone. Only too come back when the next issue pops up. Too bad as it used to be so much more.

At any rate hang around, post when you can and once again thanks for the great job that you did so well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ronnie. You have done a wonderful job as Moderator. We have both tried to get people to write story's on our cars. I know you and I did. I just started my Reatta today. Been in the garage since late November.

I know I will continue to use and post on the forums. Hope to find some time this year to get down the TN and meet you some time.

The FB page is also slow. Lots of cars for sale and or people with problems. There are people there that point to the forums and ROJ for real repair information.

Best wishes and Big Thank You for all you do to help us with out Reatta's !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I appreciate you kind comments. I'll still be around.  As a Reatta owner I'm sure I will be asking for your help at some point.

Ronnie you’ve been extremely helpful and quick in response for many of my posts. I wish I found this site earlier in my reatta search since the information is great. Between this and your site I’ve learned a huge amount about the Reatta.

Even in my year or so on here I’ve seen people who used to post all the time only chime in here or there. I doubt it was your fault they left.

The Facebook group im also in is similar to this in it’s mostly people asking for help and selling cars. I consider this good since at least people are interested in preserving these cars.  But overall good job as moderator. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ronnie,

Great job done!!  Move on to your next project knowing you gave your best on this one!!

And THANK YOU for your time, talent and treasure contributed to all things Reatta!!!!!!!!!

Jim Ifert (Nittany)

Edited by Nittany (see edit history)

Ronnie - have not been here much since my Reattae need little these days and have several others that need care. Think you have been doing a great job as long as you have been here. Also understand the being a moderator is a thankless job that has no rewards. The only people who notice are the unhappy ones. Am sure you will do great whatever you decide to do. Or not.

• Thanks 1

Ronnie,  Your fairness and involvement as moderator were much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time for helping to make this a great forum. I'm glad you will still be around as a member.😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronnie, I am so sorry to hear you too are leaving the ranks of the BCA Forum moderators. I enjoyed working with you during your time aboard and felt we made a good team. You certainly made a lot of contributions to the forum and will will be greatly missed. I know and understand your reason for leaving and it is a sad one, but you let your conscious be your guide so it was the the right and only thing to do, I respect you for that. Happier trails most certainly lie ahead, enjoy them my friend!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronnie, I have not posted for quite a while. I have always thought of you as someone who has helped this forum.

Please consider staying and helping those who need your expertise. You are one of the good guys!

Best, Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1