Sign in to follow this  
KLF

Need tires brought from Tallahassee, FL, to west coast

Posted (edited)

I have 6 new 35 x 5 tires, still wrapped, that need a ride to north of Seattle or anywhere on the west coast. I'll be attending the Bakersfield swap meet in 2 weeks if anyone from that area is going to be there. Will help pay expenses.

Ken

Edited by KLF
spelling (see edit history)

I've used Greyhound from anywhere in North America to anywhere else in North America for over 60 years.  Never had a problem.  Can't do it in Canada much anymore because they have cancelled most of their routes up here.

Posted (edited)

Yes, Greyhound has been great for me. Although you can actually get door-door service, or use terminal to replace one door, terminal-termimal is surprisingly economical. Especially if you or young family/friend savvy computer jockey goes on line. There is a procedure which you follow to pick the termimal(s), and then print your own shipping label. With wrapped tires, make sure label is secure, or have the terminal personnel help with this.     HOWEVER :

In your case, Ken, Steve Hammatt annually hauls to and from Bakersfield, and Hershey. Home base for Steve is Mt. Vernon. WA. Here is his phone number, give him a call : 360-661-6060.                   Good luck,   -   Carl 

P.S.    OOPS !  I just realized you don't need transportation up the coast. I think I will leave this in place as-is in case it may help someone else. Pease look in to Greyhound, and let us know what current practice is.  -  CC 

Edited by C Carl (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

A lot of Auburn parts get moved across the country each year via Fastenal (a key person tried it, loved it, and a whole group have been following suit). 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Carl. Steve Hammatt and I are good friends. He's helped me move parts around before. If I can't get the tires from Florida to Bakersfield then I'll ask Steve to move them at Hershey time. I'd just like to have them for the summer touring season. Although I can manage with the.old tires if need be.

Thanks for all the ideas

Ken

By the way, Fed-EX moves tires with only minimal wrappings (ie you do not have to box them) - I get out my corporate card  (nice discount if you have a friend with a business who has one) and ship them all over the United States as I am always changing tires on some 30's car.    And account makes it super easy too as all you have to do is give your shipping information to the seller and then have the seller drop them off at a  Fed-Ex/Kinkos store  - most stores are very use to working with account holders as to getting shipping details handled.