1931-1935 Buick inline 8 engine found & saved from scrap

K-TRON

So looking at the 2nd picture from your original post I'm gonna guess that is a 32 engine because it has the Wizard control cylinders which was the ill-fated semi-automatic clutch arrangement implemented on 1932 models, discontinued in 1933 and disconnected by everyone that ever had one because they just didn't work reliably.  If the cylinder deck is shorter than the 80/90 engine it is probably a 50 series engine.  50 series mounted the fuel pump on the right side of the block where 60/80/90 were all on the left.  The rear axle is a torque tube axle which was used on 60/80/90 series cars, 50 series had open driveshaft.  It's too bad the head got away, especially if it was the head for the 80/90 engine.  I'm restoring the 3rd 31 Buick I've had over a 50yr time span.  Look on the "Me and my Buick" forum for a thread called "My 1931 Buick project, the saga begins" to see what keeps me off the streets these days...

Dave

32 50 series had the torque tube drive also.  The serial number on the side of the block above the push rod covers and below the block top edge forward on right side will get you to the correct year, although there exterior features of the block are the same for 31 thru 33 on 50 series.

Iv'e got 4 spare blocks in storage in my barn.

Bob Engle