Scammer..

pont35cpe

Got one also......I msged and they responded...........Thanks for writing. Yes, I have a 1941 Buick seats for sale original packaging for sale in excellent condition. I'm the original owner. Price is $500 shipped. I'm in Missouri and will ship via UPS. Payment will be made via Western Union. Email me your complete shipping information.

34 minutes ago, Jolly_John said:

"Pay by Western Union".....for me, that's a dead giveaway that a seller is a scammer. John

John, not everyone. I`ve sold quite a few parts to guys in Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands and all wired me money via Western Union. I use PayPal to buy an item, but won`t accept payment via PayPay because they want to charge me for the transaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zimm63 said:

They followed up on my request for Stromberg 175 parts.  Glad I saw this.  

I knew something wasn`t right when scammer sent me 3 seperate messages for items I`m looking for, saying she had every item. Also being a "newby" that has never sold anything on here, automatically throws a red flag. I`m glad you saw this too, before being ripped off.

• Like 1

Tom, you are most definitely right about there being good old car hobby guys who pay via Western Union.  I've had several hobbyists from Central and South America, who responded to parts for sale ads I placed on the AACA forums over the years. As buyers. they used Western Union, and I recall getting the cash for their payment at our local K-Mart. It appears this Western Union business wasn't enough to keep K-Mart afloat!

Tom, I should have been much clearer in my initial post. I was primarily thinking of a situation like this fake seller here on the forum....or other "new" member-sellers. I'm thinking of people replying to a parts wanted ad, saying they have the goodies, but demanding the use of Western Union for payment.

It sure worked good to get a fast heads-up on this scammer, and a speedy banishment. Happy Spring to all. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The woman claims to be the original owner of the 1941 Buick seats she has for sale making her 99 years old if she bought them when she was age 21.

You've got to give a person who is nearly 100 years old credit for staying active in the business world.

• Haha 3

THANKS for the warning! I got an email from Squier  in response to my looking for a Purolator SA 2. I responded to "Karen" by email but was suspicious and tried to looked up Squier who was the AACA contact and here I am. 

Being one of those overseas buyers asked to use Western Union be aware this isn’t always a flawless transaction either and there is considerable risk for the buyer. As we all know once the money is collected that ends any onus on WU, hence why scammers like it. If the goods are never sent the buyer is out of pocket with no way to recover the money. The other issue I’ve had with WU is I went to transfer money to a seller using the WU online site and my bank instantly froze my accounts and sent me a fraud alert as apparently this is a common hack to steal money from accounts. So be warned.

I prefer to use PayPal, despite its poor exchange rate, as it does have the option of paying the seller the full amount with the buyer covering the fees for the seller and at least there is at least a little bit of protection 

I use PayPal for most of my selling and buying on eBay.  The only thing I found out about them recently is that after eBay says a deal is too old to request q refund, PayPal will let them ask for a refund for unto 6 MONTHS!!  That to me stinks as they could ruin a part and still claim a refund..

• Like 1

I had same , sent me a photo of a sun visor , of a different make nothing like what I needed , she must have got the photo from the Internet 

i replied wrong car and she replied  I don’t understand . The fact they joined and squier wrote to all the above and possibly more,  quite a devious and  sizeable scam. 

Email , Jesus loves you , but don’t think that lady will be seeing him sometime, somewhere hotter I think 😁

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 26-25Buick said:

Being one of those overseas buyers asked to use Western Union be aware this isn’t always a flawless transaction either and there is considerable risk for the buyer. As we all know once the money is collected that ends any onus on WU, hence why scammers like it. If the goods are never sent the buyer is out of pocket with no way to recover the money. The other issue I’ve had with WU is I went to transfer money to a seller using the WU online site and my bank instantly froze my accounts and sent me a fraud alert as apparently this is a common hack to steal money from accounts. So be warned.

I prefer to use PayPal, despite its poor exchange rate, as it does have the option of paying the seller the full amount with the buyer covering the fees for the seller and at least there is at least a little bit of protection 

People asking you to use Western Union is always a scam.

Always.

• Like 1

MATT

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

I sold an oil pump to a man in Norway a few years ago

My bank did not want to use a wire transfer for some reason.

We agreed to Western Union,I used a local bank"not mine".

He sent the funds ,I sent the pump, deal done.  

I paid no fees at all.

Ken

Maybe that is the difference, if the buyer suggests Western Union, that is better then the seller saying Western Union is the only way.

Squier gets around, they are being talked about on the Corvair forums.....😉