Machine screws

Made In Michigan

This could be another choice.  It is the only local place in Victoria that has a different selection of fasteners.  All the hardware stores these days seem to get their supplies from the same place and have the same selection.  Of course local businesses survive on solving most peoples needs and don't have the room or talent to keep specialty   Fastenal has not let me down in 39 years.    https://www.fastenal.com/

5 hours ago, Tinindian said:

I would think Huntington Beach would spoil you enough without having a good fastener supplier as well.😁

Oh man....not to mention the beach is less than 1 mile from my shop....🌴

Edited by Surf City '38 (see edit history)

Which fasteners are you talking about? With the exception of maybe a few, most should be standard. Many of the machine screws may be 12-24 thd. Restoration Specialties carries a pretty complete selection of specialty screws, especially the slotted ones. 

in no.8 machine screws 32 thd. is coarse and 36 thd. is fine. you will rarely see an 8-36 thd machine screw in a car. In no. 10 screws 24 thd. is coarse and 32 thd. is fine. In no. 12 screws 24 thd. is coarse and 28 thd. is fine. There are many 12-24 thd screws in the doors of my '36 Dodge. There are several "special"thds. that will only be available through specialty fastener houses,

but you won't require any of those.