Marvel updraft restoration

You may want to consider going thru the carburetor yourself.  There is a procedure in this link.  This will walk you thru the steps.  The float may not be able to take the pressure from your fuel pump.  What is the hose clamp around the float bowl for?   Hugh

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/322950-1927-buick-carb-removal/

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)

You may need to properly identify your carburetor before ordering any parts. Your car does not have a 1928 engine as it has a mechanical fuel pump. The mounting pattern of the fuel pump makes me think the engine is a 1930. Tony Bult 262-275-6403 can rebuild , test and adjust your carburetor. He is great on Buicks of this era.

Tiny Bult, North 8301 State Highway 89, Whitewater Wisconsin 53190, 262 275 6403, tonybuick272829@gmail.com did a good job on my 1928 Standard Marvel. He has the parts including a replacment for the ever problematic pot metal venturi  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 10:57 PM, Mark Shaw said:

I have a couple of Marvel carbs and heat risers that are still in good shape.  Please ID the carb number and what model or size engine you have.

I have the carburetor in for a rebuild but heat riser is needing replacement.casting shot. Cant read numbers so here is a picture 

20190213_163904.jpg

Cory,

10-105 body used on 

1926/27/28 Master, 1929 Master, 1930 series 50-60.

What number do you have on the side of the brass float bowl.   This may be on the back side.  Probably best to just remove the carburetor and heat riser.  They need to come off anyway.  Hugh

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1