Sign in to follow this  
auburnseeker

Deal of the Day. Someone Buy this before I do 47 Pontiac 2 dr 6G

I saw this on Craigslist and would love to buy it but too broke to do so. 

It even runs and drives.  Alot of bang for the buck and it's even a 2 door fastback. 

Might even be a good HPOF car.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/worcester-1947-pontiac-streamliner/6848944405.html

I have a 1947 Pontiac streamliner torpedo coupe runs and drives looks great for the year 6 cylinder 3 speed manual no rot starts right up title in hand $6000 trades welcome call or text 508-410-4927

00z0z_ksGmPIVecTz_600x450.jpg

00k0k_jVs3Dn51Kaq_600x450.jpg

00I0I_90sXjM6xXeJ_600x450.jpg

00k0k_hkNdwOjwSjC_600x450.jpg

Would look good with some "wood" on the sides................. aero................!

Perfect car for someone to get into antique car hobby !  Worst case scenario is upgrade it a little and then set it free for the next owner to enjoy. 

I actually have an NOS steering wheel and horn ring/ button sitting here in my office.  It's starting to call my name.  Please someone else buy it and put me out of my misery. 

Hi Auburnseeker, sorry to say - just bought it. Would love to get your steering wheel. 

Nice young guy who got it from an owner that kept it since 1989. Mississippi car originally. 

Crazy thing to do, but I did it. 

Hans 

• Like 3

Hans,

if you search out the Pontiac Bulletin / Pontiac club, there’s a fellow in the Midwest that will recast your steering wheel with modern UV resistant plastic (mine looks terrific - i have a four door sedan 8/hydramatic in the exact same color scheme).  He also reproduces the hood ornament plastic “feathers” in original translucent red and non-original translucent blue (also UV resistant plastic).  It wa several years ago jay I had it done, so don’t have the contact info handy nor can I guarantee he’s still in business.  Worth trying to find, though.

2 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

Hi Auburnseeker, sorry to say - just bought it. Would love to get your steering wheel. 

Nice young guy who got it from an owner that kept it since 1989. Mississippi car originally. 

Crazy thing to do, but I did it. 

Hans 

If circumstances were different right now and my big garage project wasn't bleeding me dry,  it would have been headed to my garage.  I figured I would like to hopefully tip a forum member off on it.  Looks like it worked.  Now remember guys.  When I get ready to find an Auburn,  I would appreciate you all keeping an eye out.  

Come to think of it,  keep one out in the meantime.  If the right deal comes along,  I'll find a way to make it happen.  

Looking for a 31-33 Open car.  Prefer convertible sedan then Cabriolet, speedster project is probably out of the question. 

There is a real Auburn "boat tail" in Walcott Iowa.

If you want the contact info, I can get it for you.

Mike in Colorado

PM’s are ALWAYS sent on “boat tail” leads.......lol.👍

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SparkEE said:

Hans,

if you search out the Pontiac Bulletin / Pontiac club, there’s a fellow in the Midwest that will recast your steering wheel with modern UV resistant plastic (mine looks terrific - i have a four door sedan 8/hydramatic in the exact same color scheme).  He also reproduces the hood ornament plastic “feathers” in original translucent red and non-original translucent blue (also UV resistant plastic).  It wa several years ago jay I had it done, so don’t have the contact info handy nor can I guarantee he’s still in business.  Worth trying to find, though.

😁

Thanks for letting me know. Still hope Auburnseeker is selling me his. 😁

Edited by Hans1965 (see edit history)

I don't know it's an awful pretty looking thing hanging here on the wall.  

• Like 1

Good laugh at my end. Thanks for that. Could you post a picture please? 😭

Posted (edited)

Only need the steering wheel and the horn button. Bought the attached horn ring and button for a 48 some years back. 😬That is hanging in my office since quite a while. 

IMG_20190325_142300.jpg

Edited by Hans1965 (see edit history)

JB Donaldson recasts the wheels, think you'ld be far ahead buying Auburns...........

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I'm not real interested in selling.  I've been saving it for the convertible or Woody I'm going to get some day. ;) 

They do come up on ebay from time to time,  reasonable but finding them mislisted is the best bet.  Mine I have another,  both came off ebay.  I had a third I polished up and sold.  All crack free.   My other is slightly bent with a crack in one spoke but perfect looking plastic.  I think it came off a wrecked car. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

That is so nice!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Why did I ask????? 

42 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Congrats to Hans.  Had a 47 Chebby Business Coupe, very simillar.  Love those GM postwar coupe and fb bodies.

Thanks, Steve! 

I am after such a car since I saw one in the Netherlands 6 or 7 years back. Was a 48 in a burgundy color. Such an impressive body style

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Unfortunately I'm not real interested in selling.  I've been saving it for the convertible or Woody I'm going to get some day. ;) 

They do come up on ebay from time to time,  reasonable but finding them mislisted is the best bet.  Mine I have another,  both came off ebay.  I had a third I polished up and sold.  All crack free.   My other is slightly bent with a crack in one spoke but perfect looking plastic.  I think it came off a wrecked car. 

Just looked on Ebay. Two for sale. Each at 1500 USD. Wow. That's a price tag. 

It's like anything.  You have to keep looking.  They pop up for under 500 occasionally.  I think two of the ones I bought,  not the complete one but just the wheels both used but nice for 150 or less each.   Both had marks but no cracks.  Being they are plastic,  you can sand and buff them up.